Embed a video on my site

Hi, folks.

I’ve never tried to embed a video on a site before and I need to put one on my home page. Can anyone help me?

Hi @LarryTheMarketer

The VIDEO stack from yuzoolthemes is designed to do exactly this. See what you think:
https://www.yuzoolthemes.com/themes/video/

What exactly is the problem you need help with? I self-host a video on one of my sites using Joe Workman’s HTML5 video stack and it’s very easy. Just upload the video to the server via FTP then link to it inside the stack.

1 Like

The problem is, I’ve never embedded a video to a site before and, frankly, I’m a techno-moron just learning this stuff. I really have no idea what I’m doing. I just know I need to put a video on my home page. To show you what a moron I am, I’m afraid I don’t know what FTP is. I’ve seen it before, but I don’t know what it is. Does HTML5 video stack have detailed instructions that a techno-moron can follow?

Thank you. Does this stack come with detailed instructions that even a techno-moron like myself can understand and follow?

I think we’ve all struggled with web design at some point and I know I have so I guess we are all in the same boat there :grin:

FTP is short for file transfer protocol and it’s a system used for uploading or downloading files to the server where your site is hosted. Some cost money but there are also free ones available. I use Yummy FTP Pro but there is a free one here that should do the job. http://viperftp.com

You would need the FTP details for your domain that can be obtained from the web host but you should have it somewhere already if you have a site online. Just drag and drop the video so it uploads to your site. Once it’s uploaded you just add the URL of the video in the settings of the stack and preview to make sure it appears. Then publish. There is comprehensive documentation here https://docs.joeworkman.net/rapidweaver/stacks/html5-video

There may be a video stack out there that allows you to drag & drop the video into place and then upload the file via Rapidweaver’s built in FTP but I am not aware of any. If you are really struggling it may be easier for you to embed the video uploaded first to YouTube.

1 Like

@LarryTheMarketer

Hi Larry

As per your support request, have a look at the demo how-to instructions, if you have questions, we are always available to assist.

Please get yourself an FTP application. Im some instances during the development phase in RapidWeaver you will encounter a plugin or stack that requires PHP. If you upload changes to the server from RapidWeaver and the filename changes from index.html to index.php, the server will almost always send the .html page to the browser (which would cause you to say that your changes are not being published when in fact there are 2 index files on the server and the incorrect one is being sent).

I know this sounds daunting but if you take it slow, watch the getting started video’s for RapidWeaver and view some of the past forum messages you will no doubt start to get your head wrapped around it.

There is always support here in the forums and/or from the developers of products you purchase :slight_smile:

Good luck in your search.

Brad