Embedded URL problem

Good day. When I use the Embed URL option to add a link to my podcast in a blog post, it appears on the create post page, but once I upload, it does not appear on the published blog. Any thoughts?

Hey @jimsantos,

Got a link to the blog post page where the Podcast link is not showing up?

Sure - here’s the link, I just added an embedded url. There’s a blank space at the bottom of the page, but that’s it:
https://www.jimsantosbooks.com/blog/post.php?permalink=wanderlust-fulfilled-unveiling-the-art-of-slow-travel

Hi @jimsantos,

Is this the URL that you’re trying to embed?

https://travelswithjimandrita.buzzsprout.com/2292506/14646494-episode-09-wanderlust-fulfilled-unveiling-the-art-of-slow-travel

If so, it looks like you’re trying to embed it using an iFrame.

I see an odd structure at the spot where I’d expect that embedded URL. It could be that this particular site can not be embedded using an iFrame, or that there’s an error in the code you’re pasting there.

Could you post the code here that you’ve tried to insert?

Cheers,
Erwin

Yes, that is the link I’m trying to embed. I’m not inserting any code myself. The blog is built using RapidWeaver and Stacks. I’m trying to embed using the “Embed URL” icon in the blog entry block on the New Post page. I’ve successfully used the “Embed Video” icon, but the URL is giving me trouble.

Looks like your blog is built with Total CMS (not RapidWeaver’s built-in blog), and whatever you are doing it’s trying to embed the URL to your podcast using an iFrame:

I’m assuming this is an option within Total CMS’s settings? If so it doesn’t look like embedding that URL to your podcast episode is working.

Have you tried bypassing that “Embed URL” option and just embedding the Podcast code into the blog post directly?

There’s a guide on buzzsprout’s website on how to embed individual episodes into a blog post:

So you would just copy that embed code from the above instructions, and then paste that code at the bottom of your blog post where you want the podcast episode to appear.

I don’t know if that would work, I’m not sure if Total CMS’s “New Blog Post” area accepts html code. Give it a try though and see if it works. :slight_smile:

Hi @jimsantos,

I see that you’re using Total CMS. Are you using the Total CMS Blog stack to build out your blog? I had a look, but can’t find the function you’re referring to that allows you to embed an iFrame using that stack.

If you’re using something else, please let me know.

Having said that - on first glance, the website you’re trying to embed doesn’t like to be in an iFrame. The code generated by the combination of the iFrame tool and the website doesn’t work.

You could try to insert a different URL to test if that works (make it something simple, like http://example.com).

If example.com works, you can try to embed your podcast by following the steps in this document by Buzzsprout. According to Buzzsprout, this should work with the services listed in that document, although I do have to mention that these generate far simpler webpages than your combination of RapidWeaver and Total CMS does.

The thing is, iFrames are finicky. You’re trying to load external complex code into your own website that also has complex code. Sometimes these clash, causing the browser unable to render what’s in the iFrame. This leaves a blank spot on your page where the iFrame would be.

If all else fails, you could always make a pretty link out of it instead of an embed of course.

Cheers,
Erwin

Thanks, but the Total CMS Blog stack does not allow me to enter html code, so it looks like it is a no-go. I appreciate your time, thanks.

No problem.

But what where you using to embed the code then?

Cheers,
Erwin

Thanks for your time. It doesn’t seem to want to play with frames, so I had to go with the pretty linked image.

Jim Santos
https://jimsantosbooks.com

1 Like

Total CMS in Rapid Weaver to build the blog. It apparently has trouble with iFrames for embedded URLs, although embedded YouTube videos work fine.

1 Like

That’s a shame, would be easy to embed that podcast if it did. :cry:

Maybe there’s a workaround. Is there anybody here using Total CMS that has successfully embedded a podcast like @jimsantos is trying to do?

I tried adding an html block and inserted the code, but it just doesn’t like iframe.