Feedback please on my new site?

https://www.andypink.co.uk
Not sure if this is the place to do this or if it’s a done thing…but I would appreciate any criticism on my new site. It’s all done by me in Rapidweaver7 with Marvel Theme from Nick Cates and various stacks.
In particular do you think having a video header is a bad idea due to presumably lower load times for the site?
Also it’s a single page site with no blog. Thoughts?

All and any comments very appreciated
Thanks
Andy

Seems to load quickly and looks clean and simple. What are you wanting from the site? I gather that you’re a sound designer/composer, but that’s not immediately clear from the site.

I hope that’s useful.

Thanks Barrie…good point!

It’s harder than it seems - I’m revamping my site at the moment. Looking at Realmac’s SEO tutorials are a good start. There are some free ones and some paid.

I agree with @Bazza about it not being immediately clear what you do- that’s an easy fix. I quite like the rest of the site, though I’d probably try and introduce a bit more space between the Rails side menu and the main body of the page. It feels a bit cramped.

A blog will obviously help your SEO - there’s nothing search engines like more than relevant, regularly updated content, but it depends of you’ve got anything to say.

Rob

Only see in mobile version. The scroll up button in bottom-right side is under the Facebook share button. You see only a little piece.

Hi Rob…thanks for taking time to look at it. Regarding a blog I have a dilemma…if I embed a blog into a one page site…it converts the index.html to a php and then the video header wont work. I tried this with Armadillo. Any in-line blogs that keep the index html?

Thanks! Will look into this.

I would change “BeautifuK” to “Beautiful” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha well no…that’s the name of the piece controversially. Not my choice but it did get a second name of BeautifuL…so I may use that.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.