Flag and not words in RWML

(Paule Thomas) #1

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible in RWML to change the rectangles with the name of the language by flags as it was possible to do before?
Thanks,
Paule

(Will Woodgate) #2

Still feasible to do. Any image or link can be made a language switcher in RWML v2.

However, you probably do not want use flags for the reasons outlined here or here and in the RWML setup documentation.

Bottom line - flags can confuse and possibly offend your website users. So avoid if you can.

(Paule Thomas) #3

Thanks for answering.
I only have two languages: English (UK) and French, which is why I prefer flags.
But I can not find where to put them with RWML Language Switcher unless I use RWML Switch 2.0.4 (but a message appears to use the RWML Language Switcher version)

(Will Woodgate) #4

Please see the product page again, and read the paragraph immediately above the setup instructions.

Put any text or image in the page. Highlight this content. Click the link button. Then set the URL to the query string of the desired language like this:

Example link for French could be:

?lang="fr"

That will work the same as the old-style buttons used to.

-Will.

(Paule Thomas) #5

Thank you so much!!!
I did not understand well when I read this paragraph (may be because I’m french)
:slight_smile: