Flag and not words in RWML

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible in RWML to change the rectangles with the name of the language by flags as it was possible to do before?
Thanks,
Paule

Still feasible to do. Any image or link can be made a language switcher in RWML v2.

However, you probably do not want use flags for the reasons outlined here or here and in the RWML setup documentation.

Bottom line - flags can confuse and possibly offend your website users. So avoid if you can.

Thanks for answering.
I only have two languages: English (UK) and French, which is why I prefer flags.
But I can not find where to put them with RWML Language Switcher unless I use RWML Switch 2.0.4 (but a message appears to use the RWML Language Switcher version)

Please see the product page again, and read the paragraph immediately above the setup instructions.

Put any text or image in the page. Highlight this content. Click the link button. Then set the URL to the query string of the desired language like this:

Example link for French could be:

?lang="fr"

That will work the same as the old-style buttons used to.

-Will.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!
I did not understand well when I read this paragraph (may be because I’m french)
:slight_smile:

Hello again Will,
I’m really sorry but it does not work. I linked the image of my French flag with “? Lang =” en “and the English flag with”? Lang = “in” but … nothing. Whereas with the buttons everything works.
I chose “links” in RWML LAnguage Switcher and still nothing.
What am I forgetting …? Can you help me, please?
Paule

You don’t use spaces, curly quote marks or capital letters in the query strings.

It should be typed in a simple format like this:

?lang="en"

I have just visited the website of another RWML customer, where they had used flag images for buttons. They are using the same version of RWML as you are using. Their flag buttons are working correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.