Internal linking

Hi,
how can I add something like “?rwml=EN” to an internal link?
Of course I could type in the URL and add this line to it. This works fine, but I would like to use the internal page linking, otherwise I would have to change every single link if I would reorganize my site structure f.e.
I tried to use the custom attributes, but didn’t succeed.

Any Ideas

Thanks Frank

Hi Frank,

If your link is http://www.domain.com/page1/test.php/?rwml=EN

use this link:
/page1/test.php/?rwml=EN

This one is relative from your domain.
But it depends from which directory you are linking.

1 Like

Hi Jochen,

thanx for your reply. This would probably work, but if I ever should change the folder structure od my website I would have to edit all those links, instead of just republish my whole website from rapid weaver. That’s why i would prefer to use the pagelink function inside RW.
My ida was to use the custom attributes, but I don’t know how :wink:

Greetings

Frank

Hi, Frank,

From your original post it looks like you are using the RWML stacks, correct? RWML sets the language attribute automatically for a viewer – depending on a viewer’s initial choice of language (using cookies).

Hi Rob,

thank you. Yes correct. At least I try to ;-). But I’m not yet sure if it is the better way, instead of building two separate sites. Because RW behaves very slow when I pack two languages on one stacks-page. And I miss the possibility to let f.e. pictures which should be shown in each language untouched instead of putting them in all language contents.
Or am I doing something wrong?

RWML sets the language attribute automatically for a viewer – depending on a viewer’s initial choice of language (using cookies)._

Are you sure? That would be much more easier :slight_smile:
But I’m not sure if that’s right. Because if I switched to EN f.e. and then click on a link to the next page where also RWML is used it may happen that it shows in DE instead or the other way round.
The best would be: As soon someone switches to a certain language all following links would select the same language on the other pages. But as this doesn’t seem to work like this I wanted to be sure and add a language selector to each link.

Best

Frank

I’m sure. I use RWML stacks myself and they work as described in the product page for RWML.

This is exactly how it works.

hmmm. that’s strange. Would you please be so kind and test it here:

http://www.konzerte.someren.de/Fotogalerie/Tournee2016/

if I select one of those pages in EN and then click on a link (not in the menu) below the menu it opens the next page again in DE.

Yes, I see it happening as you described. Looks like your setup is incorrect.

My advice: use the sample project that is provided by Joost to see how exactly it is set up. If you don’t have that sample project, send me a Private Message with your email address and I will send it to you.

1 Like

maybe it’s because I don’t use the RW-Menu. Instead I use top-bar with the foundation theme.
It offers me a lot more possibilities, but in this case may be it’s the reason for RWML not to work correctly.
:frowning:

@frankensteiner Hi Frank, I have been using RWML on http://www.bensaglobaltrading.com and must say it works great :slight_smile:. Apart of the content, menus, etc the slogan under the title is translated too. There was some issue that I din’t find how to translate the slogan under the title because there isn’t a RWML stack option to do so but Joost the developer of RWML have sorted it out and have send me a personalised snippet to put into the Settings>General>Slogan of my theme.

RW haven’t behave slow with the two languages on one stacks-pack, just working fine to me. RWML is a great stack if you need a multi-lingual website and must say the client support of RWML, Joost the developer, is top :+1: … just drop him an email and he will sort it out for sure.

1 Like