Foundation 6 or Foundry 2?

Foundry or Foundation? Many Rapidweaver users find themselves facing this decision when they lament the limitations of using themes. Both products are good. I don’t think that you can go wrong with either option. When I arrived at the point of evaluating both frameworks, I was impressed with the total package approach (the collection of integrated stacks) provided by Foundry. In addition, the developer, Adam, offers several add-on packs that really take Foundry to a new level. I chose Foundry and have been very happy with that decision. One of the things that I truly love about this framework is that it plays nice with third party stacks. I have a decent collection of stacks from Joe Workman and One Little Designer and they all work well with Foundry. It is a great product that Adam continually improves upon. Recommended.

6 Likes

The one thing I’d say about using any framework - as opposed to a theme from someone like Nick Cates or Michael David or Elixir or Themeflood or Weaverthemes - is that you need to know a bit about design in order to get the best from them. One of the joys of using RW is discovering a theme that you really like and that has the flexibility to create many different styles of website.

For example, I used @willwood’s Flood theme on several sites and @weaver’s Stuffy theme on the same number. And there have been others like @Elixir’s Ruby theme and MDD’s Paramount theme that have been pressed into service multiple times.

Designs like these make a lot of look-and-feel decisions for you, so you can concentrate on organising and presenting the content in an accessible and attractive way.

Frameworks are fab but with great power etc…

Rob

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.