Foundation Orbit Slider Stack (et al) vs. SEO-RX

(Butternut Squash) #1

I know that there has been some discussion of these issues on this forum before, but I am wondering what the latest analysis/consensus might be.

I have used the Foundation Orbit Slider extensively on my website. To the best of my knowledge, Orbit Slider allows you to input alt tags, but not image file names. SEO-RX then proceeds to ding you big time for the missing file names.

Is there some workaround?

Or do you just ignore it, and proceed merrily on your way?

(jol yates) #2

Hi Butternut

I’m keen to understand this too

Why do stacks replace image names we have so carefully crafted (be they in sliders or otherwise) with SEO unfriendly generic ‘1984’ names ?

How do we get around it ?

I’ve been trying with various sliders and they all do much the same thing … why ?

Looking forward to understanding this better !

JBob

(Gary) #3

You can around it by using warehoused images which retain their names. That is one of the many reasons why warehoused images are so important.

(jol yates) #4

Thank you Gary - wish I’d understood this earlier : )

Perhaps using stacks (whilst admittedly adding functionality) is adding a layer of unnecessary abstraction to my site - that is working against me in Google’s eyes !?

So - warehousing - what do you recommend - flickr, google … or just a folder on my server … but isn’t that what the Resources folder is ?

Jbob

(Gary) #5

Use the Foundation Image stack for your images, set to use warehouse images FTP’d to your server and then place the Image stack into Orbit.