Foundation & Stacks

Hello… I’m new here. Recently bought Stacks & Foundation and haven’t a clue as to how to use them. So far I have not found a vid of Foundation that helps a total beginner with how to use. I don’t understand the language used that is in the vid that comes within the program. I come from iWeb so I have few if any skills.

I have been using RW for about 4-5 years and have learned how to build a website but I can’t seem to figure out the basics of Foundation. Like, what is the base page called? Is that a choice I make with COLUMNS? I need to have a base image, not a color, and add galleries, text links and button links to that page. No Header, No footer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I come from iWeb as well. For sure there is a learning curve. Think of Foundation as a blank theme, and Stacks as your building blocks that you drag onto that blank theme. Have you watched videos or read about using Stacks? That is probably where you should start after reading about RW in general.

There is no “footer” per say, on a blank theme. The footer is created by using a Stack that is at the bottom of your page.

Also, check out https://www.bigwhiteduck.com for some great stacks that are free and work with Foundation.

As a start, you should have a look at the Joe W video tutorials - Vol 1, Vol 2 & Vol 3 - you should find them via a Google search. Would almost certainly start you off in the best direction.

Lisa is right about the big white duck stacks, but if you’re new to this, I’d get to know the included stacks first. Joe Workman has a Youtube channel which is well worth checking out and ask any specific questions here. There are lots of very clever and helpful people.

1 Like

I’ve gotten this far but wondered why the preview image is different from my edit page image? How do I get rid of the preview image!

You probably added a stack that uses php, therefore you now have 2 pages… one is html, one is php. RW will not clean up your files, so you need to delete the old one, in your case, I believe the html file.

I see only one page with the items shown on the upper image I uploaded here. Do I delete that page. The “MY WEBSITE” page was there when I opened RW !

00%20PM|282x493

I’m referring to the physically uploaded/published files on your host server, not the pages in RW.

I have not uploaded anything yet. I’m building a new site for a client. Nothing has been published, on my end.

So the my website page in the RW file is not yours then? Delete it. I can’t see your pages on the left so it’s hard to tell.
42%20PM

00%20PM

What does this area look like? File name, folder name? You need to name your home page.
41%20PM

I’ll look at that and get back to you ASAP… Thanks for your help.

It seems you’re missing some basic RW know-how. I’d figure that out first. We will help here if we can :slight_smile:

I’m missing most all RW skills but I’m slowly learning. I have built a webstore.

58%20PM

Hmm. Using an old theme? The site doesn’t seem to be responsive.

MY webstore…non responsive? If you mean my webstore I used Cameo for that

Try resizing your browser window.