I released Foundation 1.6 (Theme + Stacks) last night and many of you have already been playing around with it. I have even released a v1.6.2 that resolved some issues that were not caught during testing.
Foundation 1.6 tries to focus on some small speed improvements again. The Page Speed options in SEO Helper have been really optimized for the Foundation theme. You should see small jumps in your Page Speed scores (because I know that you all love that so much). The Font Awesome rocket loader that was removed in v1.5 is back as well!
Duplicate Page Checker
We all have wasted time figuring out why our nice new website updates are not displaying when we publish. When the problem was that our webpage switched from html to php. Foundation now has a very convenient checker that will alert you when this happens.
The Foundation framework was updated to v5.5.3. This brings us tons of bug fixes and improvements for free. The CSS was also moved back into the theme. This means that you can use the Foundation theme without stacks again. Obviously, that means you would need to hand code your entire site.
If you own the Impact stack, you will now see a new slide option when Foundation 1.6 is installed. This new Foundation slide allows you to use the features from the Foundation image stack so that you can define different images for mobile, tablet and desktop.
Full Release Notes
- Foundation Framework updated to v5.5.3. We have many hundreds of fixes that come with this.
- Foundation CSS loaded in the theme again, instead of via stacks.
- Performance optimizations
- Duplicate page checker now warns you inside RapidWeaver when you have both index.html and index.php files on your server.
- P size settings now also affects lists
- Page Speed: Font Awesome rocket loader is back! It utilizes the Stacks Font Awesome version to prevent multiple versions from loading on the page.
- Page Speed: More page optimizations to improve your Google Page Speed rankings
- Twitter Cards: New twitter card options: Large Summary Cards, App Cards, Product Cards
- You can now apply a color scheme to the contents of the column stacks. You can choose from the Alt and Swatch color schemes
- Parent Link now shows when mobile menu is used on Tablet or Desktop
- Mobile back link color now inherits from link color
- Forms now have a small spinning in-progress indicator when the form is submitted
- You will now have the option to use an Foundation image inside the Impact stack when you have Foundation installed. This will allow you to define separate images for mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Thanks for finding even more typos in my tooltips!
(This will probably be the last 1.x release of Foundation. Here comes Foundation 6!)