“fr_CA.lproj” error message

Hey everyone!

I was all exited about the new Rapidweaver 7 but when I first opened it…
and as a matter of fact, there is a problem I’m running into, when
opening one of my projects. It says:

““fr_CA.lproj” couldn’t be copied to “Resources” because an item with the same name already exists.”

I still can continue to use the project, but when previewing the
pages it keeps “exporting” several time - as it seems for each picture
set on the page. In the end, they don’t show up, just “x”-es in boxes.

Do you have any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Milan

Hey everyone!

I was all exited about the new Rapidweaver 7 and I bought my update today. As I have run into many troubles in the past, upgrading to new RW versions, I had a bad feeling in my stomach when I first opened it… and as a matter of fact, there is a problem I’m running into, when opening one of my projects. It says:

““fr_CA.lproj” couldn’t be copied to “Resources” because an item with the same name already exists.”

I still can continue to use the project, but when previewing the pages it keeps “exporting” several time - as it seems for each picture set on the page. In the end, they don’t show up, just “x”-es in boxes. I’m using the “V ienna” theme for that.

Do you have any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Chris

Chris, I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

No solution so far, I’m afraid. That’ disappointing as I can’t use RW by now, although I spent the money. Maybe some developer can help us out here? Would be very much appreciated!

Hey everyone,

as it turned out, this problem might “only” affect single installations. While this problem still persists on my iMac, it seems on my MacBook Pro everything works fine. Nevertheless, as I’m using both machines to edit the same projects, I still need help with the problem.

Anyone got it working already?

Greets
Chris

Ok… no solution so far, but new infos on that matter:

As I wrote in my last post, my second installation of RW7 doesn’t show the error message, nevertheless this one project of mine, that had the problems also has them on the “good” installation. So when I want to preview it, it keeps on exporting for quite some time and shows me the export-dialog-window several times after another. The result: broken images. Where I could see it, there was no special addon, technique or anything else behind those windows… they were just plain regular images-boxes.

Please, realmac, provide us with help. We want to use our well paid RW7 an all projects!

Thanks!

Greets
Chris

Ok… I should have posted my last message a bit later, as I just ran into totally new Info on this matter:

I just found out, that the just described problem with the image boxes only happens with “textboxes” including “PNG-files”. JPG-files are ok and PNG-files in picture-boxes are also ok. It is an old habit of mine, using text-boxes for images, as some versions ago, rapidweaver showed my images blurry after some time, when using picture-boxes.

So I this problem SHOULD either be fixable by realmac or temporarily manually be fixed by every user by replacing every text-box with PNG-files with picture-boxes. Maybe also there is some kind of setting, one could adjust to make this work after all?

BUT: What about the problem with the “fr_CA.lproj”? I always assumed, those two problems relate to each other. But thinking about the error message I get following thoughts in my head: This error occurs, when RW7 tries to copy those RW6 add-ons over, right? So one of the new features of RW7, which I originally bought it for, ist that the add-ons and the project-files can the stored on cloud-space like Dropbox and be used by every RW7 installation. So why not have (the functioning installation of) RW7 copy all the add-ons to another location (where definitely is no “fr_CA.lproj”) on e.g. Dropbox, and have the (other installation of) RW7 point to this directory for handling add-ons? There shouldn’t be a problem after all, am I right? All add-ons would be in a save place and RW7 could stop trying copying the RW6 add-ons every time it starts. … but it doesn’t! It keeps copying (or trying) all RW6 add-ons at every startup.

So, realmac… now it’s time to respond and fix that. I seems, this IS a RW7 problem.

Thanks!

Greets,
Chris

Hi, all.

If this is still an issue for anyone, the following procedure will correct:

1. Open up Terminal and enter the following command:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

1. Hold down the control+option keys and click the Finder icon in the dock, then click on Relaunch in the context menu

2. Open up a Finder window and navigate to yourHD/users/_currentUserFolder_/library/Containers

3. Locate folder named com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver6

4. Delete the folder

5. Enter the following command in the Terminal window:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

1. Hold down the control+option keys and click the Finder icon in the dock, then click on Relaunch in the context menu (to re-hide hidden files)

Close down the Terminal window. Now when you launch Rapidweaver 7, it will not search for RW6 assets and it will not produce the error.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sidney

2 Likes

Thank you !
I have put up with this error for months & months and finally had enough and found your answer.

On maybe a related note I also get other errors when launching…
Update Errors

1. MetaMate: Could not obtain plugin principal class

2. cannot update com.seydesign.rwthemes.kleer

I have deleted the Kleer theme & still I get the error.