German posts on English pages?

Why do German language posts show up in the “New” post category on this RW Forum? They should be under a non-English section of the Forum. Conversely, English posts on the German language page would also not make sense.

Just wondering … danke.

The forum is one whole system, it has smaller sections, but they are all in one big forum. It has been this way for a while now.

Looks like I need to brush up on my German!
-Ray

1 Like

You can mute them in your profile. At the bottom of the profile page (where you set your name and picture) you can mute German, Italian and/or French categories. If the post is categorized correctly it won’t show up on new posts.

2 Likes

In the prefs you can set up which things are tracked, watched, muted, etc. It’s pretty handy. I’ve set German and Italian to be muted. I speak English and French so I keep those active. Hopefully my other international friends will give me a nudge if need be.

Just don’t ask me how to find these prefs. It’s a herculean effort of clicking on unlabeled icons until it finally comes up.

also: i miss nice custom RSS feeds. those were so great. so easy to follow. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Its not hard to get to click on your icon at the top left and click on the gear box:

1 Like