GoCMS now under $75

The GoCMS Stack is part of the @yabdab 50% off, Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

To my knowledge GoCMS is the only RapidWeaver CMS solution available for an unlimited number of sites.

This is not a paid announcement, I just believe @yabdab is one of the strongest RW developers and should be supported.

There was discussion a month or two or three ago that GoCMS is no longer supported, but apparently it is.

https://www.yabdab.com/2020-holiday-sale/?utm_source=weavers-space&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=black-friday

2 Likes

Yep, nice to see that GoCMS still seems to be supported. I want to add that also Easy CMS is available for an unlimited number of sites. It doesn’t offer a blog like GoCMS but can do other nice things… :slight_smile:

@RapidBase what are the main differences between GoCMS, Easy CMS, and TCMS?

Has anyone ever made a comparison chart between those?

Thanks.

After using Paysnap I was mightily impressed with Yapdab’s stuff. I really wanted to give GoCMS a try and was disappointed to see it had been removed. I see it’s now listed in the BF sale, but I don’t think it’s generally listed on the site though, so it’s rather confusing as to Yabdabs plans for it. I have no interest in questioning his approach, I know that was done previously and he rightly shot it down. But for me personally, I’d want to know what the future of GoCMS is before investing.

1 Like

The first big difference is that GoCMS offers on-page editing, whereas with the other two you create a custom ‘back-end’ that the client logs into to update text, pictures etc.

The second big difference is that TotalCMS is a per domain price whereas the other two can be purchased once and used over and over again.

IMHO Go is good for simple edits and has some clever features like the ability to add Soundcloud playlists, simple slideshows (no extra stacks required) and some fancy blog layouts.

EasyCMS is actually surprisingly powerful, so much so that despite having bought a TotalCMS license twice, I’ve never had to use it!

Oh, and don’t forget that 1LD has Quick Editor Admin (which also on page editing).

Rob

WebYep is unlimited: WebYep | Stacks4Stacks

Free trial version too.

2 Likes

Hi Rob
Am thinking of Go CMS primarily as a blogging solution not just online editing. Is it pretty easy for ‘non-techie’ people to add posts (pics/video and text??) Any pointers would be great. Are there any decent tutorials to get started?
Wendy

I love Armadillo and recommend it all I can. I have used it for years.

3 Likes

Is GoCMS a flat file CMS or does it require a database?
I couldn’t see anything on the Yabdab site.

It’s flat file, Richard. No need to set up a database. It’s very quick to deploy.

2 Likes

Hmm.
Can it edit meta descriptions though, that would be a deal breaker.

Sorry, not sure what you mean. Can you give me an example?

I was thinking of browser page titles and open graph info really.
But I guess what I’m asking is can the client add html?

No to the first, and almost certainly no to the second. It’s designed for adding and editing
text, headers, lists, links
single images
small slideshows
images with a lightbox
adding vimeo, youtube videos, Google maps and Soundcloud playlists.
Unless @yabdab says otherwise about your question.

1 Like

Is it pretty easy for a non techie people to get to grips with - not me, people who I help with their websites - thinking essentially of the blog…thanks

TBH I found it a little finicky but once you understand how it works, it’s quick and pretty easy. There’s an issue with the Modern layout I seem to recall and there are a couple of rules you need to follow - naming JPGs, for example - but it’s not bad at all.

It’s designed for adding and editing
text, headers, lists, links
single images
small slideshows
images with a lightbox
adding vimeo, youtube videos, Google maps and Soundcloud playlists.

This is correct. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.