Help GridIron not working any more

Hello,
I have a website with Grid Iron 3. Stops working, the tables are not shown, but I don’t know what I changed and why the site is not working as expected.

I’m using RW 8.7, Stacks 4, Foundation 1.9.2 and Grid Iron 3.4.5.

The table was integrated in a Simple Tabs Stack Version 1.2.0.1 The content is not shown anymore, you can see that here:

For a test I use Tabulous 2, the content is shown, but not the table of Grid Iron.

Also the Footer is not shown in these pages. I looks fine on all other sites without Grid Iron, so I think there is something wrong with this stack.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thank you for your help!

@barchard should be able to help. There are some code errors on the page that relate to Grid Iron.

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://bip-freiburg.de/rw_common/plugins/stacks/gridiron-3-js/pdfmake.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 300, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://bip-freiburg.de/kurse/grundkurs/files/showdown.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

1 Like

Thank you.

Can you Tell me what’s the reason for the Error Message? And who I can fix that?

That looks like a PHP error. What version of PHP is running on your server?

Error occurred under 7.4, upgraded to 8.0. but that has no effect.
No I went back to 7.3 but still the error occurs.

I think that PHP is not the only reason, because in the preview of RW all pages using Grid Iron don’t show the footer. All other pages do.

I use Grid Iron 3 and it’s still working as it should.

Hello,

I found the error. It must have something to do with the Ecxel-file, which is maintained by another person. I replaced the file and now the site works fine again.
Please excuse me for the unnecessary work I have done for all of you.

I’m on an iPad so don’t have any developer tools thanks to the locked-down iPadOS, but errors that are related to js.map files probably have nothing to do with the problem.

Files that end with the .map extension are called source maps and should not affect the rendering of the page.

When you minify CSS and JavaScript the files get compressed to reduce the size and speed up the loading and rendering of the page.

Source maps create a map from these compressed asset files back to the source files.

This source map allows you to debug and view the source code of your compressed assets, as if you were actually working with the original CSS and Javascript source code.

So unless you are using a browser’s developers tools to debug the page they shouldn’t have any impact on what the regular users see.

1 Like

To close the loop here, the user had an issue with the excel file being corrupt. Excel file fixed and back in business :slight_smile:

1 Like