Hotel booking engine (Cloudbeds) and RW

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with integrating the Cloudbeds hotel booking system in to an RW site? Have not found anything recent using the search function.

Cheers.

I was looking at this page. I’m curious, did you book and see a demo? I’m just guessing here. They have probably already created a way that their services can be integrated into a website using a set of cut and paste tools.

It is possible they are only providing an API, but it sounds more like they intend it to be a turnkey approach.

Yes, have seen a couple of demos but that was before I was tasked with the site build so I did not ask the obvious question. The company do their own website service as well and the demos were based on that.

I figured it was more likely that someone here knew about Cloudbeds than someone at Cloudbeds knew about RW.

1 Like

That’s probably true. However, this is a pretty narrow need you’re asking about. It’s a fair question though. Sorry I don’t have an answer. I would start by reaching back out to them. Maybe they have a turnkey solution for third parties, or can refer you to someone with enough knowledge to help you get your project done. Just a thought.

Would it be an option to use this PHPjabbers script instead of “Cloudbeds”…?

These scripts can perfectly be integrated into a RapidWeaver site.

Hi @jbyfield,

I read through the Cloudbeds support pages, but it seems that they don’t offer the type of integration that you’ll need to implement the service into a website by simply dropping in some provided code.

What they do offer, is an API (link). This means that you can implement code that calls the Cloudbeds service and allows you to offer functionality tied to Cloudbeds on your website.

Since they don’t offer ready-made code for you to copy and paste, you’ll need to build that code yourself or have someone do it for you. Access to the API is also on a request basis and not included in the Cloudbeds service plans - keep that in mind. You’ll need to get yourself certified by Cloudbeds in order to get access to that API though - so it seems they don’t target the API at just any webdeveloper.

My advice is to phone a webdeveloper and show them that link, and ask for PHP code that can call that API for all the actions you need on your website. You’ll get a quote, it won’t be cheap, but it will work.

Cheers,
Erwin

1 Like

Thanks Erwin, and others. Looks like I might have to provide a link to a page that will look quite different to the RW site. Perhaps not so much of a problem to the person booking, just I like things to look good.

Will look into phpjabbers Matthias, thanks for that.

1 Like