How do I create a Backup of Foundation?

(Ronnie West) #1

I know that Foundation is good but what happens if my computer hard drive fails and I lose everything, including all of the stuff within the Foundation Stacks.
How can I make a backup to an external drive in order to recover everything?
This might seem a simple question but the answer is eluding me.
Ron.

(Scott Steven) #2

I keep time machine running.

(Robert Ziebol ๐Ÿ––๐Ÿผ) #3

You can also always redownload your purchases by going here:
http://joeworkman.cartloom.com/lookup
If you do not have your invoice order, use the retrieve order history option.

(Menno) #4

Except for the advices given above, there is another (additional) way.
Your themes, plugins and stacks are stored at this location:
/Users/yourusername/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver6/Data/Library/Application Support/RapidWeaver
You can copy the RapidWeaver folder to an external drive or thumb drive to preserve all valuable purchases at once.

The Library folder in your user-directory is hidden in recent OSX versions. To get there, in the Finder choose the Go menu item, press the Option (alt)-key and choose Library.

Menno.

(Scott Steven) #5

FYI Make sure you keep all your Serial Numbers on hard copy as well as your gonna need them.

(Robert Ziebol ๐Ÿ––๐Ÿผ) #6

If you are using RapidWeaver 6, then hold down option-command and push 7 while running RapidWeaver. This will open up the addons folder. Then you can copy the stuff you want. The whole folder or just what you want.

(Menno) #8

Thanks for pointing that out. Totally forgot that key combination. Probably because I donโ€™t like the โ€˜Manage Addonsโ€™ feature (command-7) :neutral_face:

(Robert Ziebol ๐Ÿ––๐Ÿผ) #9

That makes two of us. It seems to SLOW down RapidWeaver, same thing about installing ANYTHING into RapidWeaver by dragging and dropping. I have the RapidWeaver folder set in my sidebar in the Finder, and also the Stacks and Themes folder.

(Terry Vosbein ) #10

Whenever I purchase a theme, plug in, or stack, as soon as i download it, i copy it to a folder in Dropbox. That way it is backed up to Dropbox, Time Machine and Carbonite. If I need to reload, or open something on another computer, they are all there waiting for me.

(Jochen Abitz) #11

I do it the same way. Super safe.

(Ronnie West) #12

I didnโ€™t get any serial numbers for the Foundation Stack, am I supposed to?

(Robert Ziebol ๐Ÿ––๐Ÿผ) #13

Nope, the theme and stacks do not have serial numbers.