How do you edit 'Sections'?

I’m really struggling to understand what the whole group of ‘Section’ components are (the ones under the Sections label in the components panel), and more important how they might be used.

When I drop them into a page there doesn’t seem to be a way to edit the content directly, using the node panel or via the inspector?

Am I correct in thinking that at this stage it is safe to ignore them completely? In their current state they seem like ½ baked components that would be better being part of a specific theme or set of templates.

You can think of the sections as “Easy mode” and yes they are not finished, they are more like prototypes. These are aimed at users that don’t want to fiddle around building layouts they just want to throw together a good looking website…

The Gallery is a good example of this as it does it all for you. Just drop in a folder of images from resources), and YouTube playlists, and it’ll build all the thumbnail and present them in a nice Lightbox, it’s pretty cool stuff.

A lot of the sections support local data, like the FAQ, Footer, and Feature sections, however… I’ve just found out it’s currently broken in the beta :person_facepalming: We’ll get that working in next weeks update!

If you wanted to see how these data sections are supposed to work you can check out this video from a few weeks back (when they weren’t broken).

1 Like

these are quick drop in components with limited adjustments, just drop them and go, good for new users to build a basic page, assume there will be few more of these later

Yes exactly, there will be LOTS of these!

1 Like