Elements Beta 7 (Build 22879)

Hey,

Elements Beta 7 has plenty of component fixes and some nice little UI refinements. My favorite being you can now click outside the editor to deselect all Elements giving you a nice clean view of your design — Thanks to @handshaper for the prompt on getting this one done :heart_eyes:

Remember, if the bug you reported is not fixed in this build don’t worry, it’s ticketed and we’ll get around to it shortly.

Read Me First Before Updating!

We have removed the following data components; FAQ, Footer, and Feature Sections. Existing documents will still see them, but you cannot add new instances. Please remove these from your projects for now. These Sections will be removed in a future release and documents will fail to load correctly.

What’s New in Beta 7?

• Added ability to deselect elements by clicking outside of main editor
  • Fixed inspector not always showing selected component
  • Improved error handling and document recovery during project load
  • Can now deselect pages / resources / nodes etc by clicking empty space
  • Width setting options changed from “Container” to “Breakpoint”
  • Corrected typos in numerous Component
  • Components are now organized into Categories
  • Added gradient overlay support for Components
  • Gallery: Thumbnails are now resized correctly
  • Gallery: Added new component icon
  • Menu: Added new component icon
  • Grid: Auto flow settings now work as expected
  • SVG: Sizing and Stroke issues
  • SVG: Added dropzone support
  • Button: Added Button Alignment options
  • Image: Alignment now set to Auto for new instances
  • Removed FAQ, Footer, and Feature Sections

Update to the latest Beta

Elements should prompt you while it’s running to let you know there’s an update, if it doesn’t you can select the “Check for Updates…” menu option from the “Elements” app menu. You can also download the latest build of Elements from the confirmation email you received as that link will ALWAYS give you the latest version.

Give Feedback on the Beta

If you are using the beta, please post all feedback in the Elements Beta Feedback Forum. You can use the Elements > Send Feedback… menu item to automatically pre-fill the build number into a new topic.

Get the Beta

If you’ve already signed-up for the beta, it might be a while before you get an email as we’re working our way through all the feedback. Hang tight for a little longer, you will get access in the coming weeks and months.

If you’re not on the list, you should sign-up up here to be notified when the beta is publicly available.

Cheers,
Dan & Team Realmac

2 Likes

@dan
You are not going to believe this, I’m running v22867 & Ventura 13.6.9 but the auto-update & check for updates are not working for me again. Maybe there’s some more backend stuff that needs updating?

The builds are cached and take time to propagate, give it a little while and try again…

1 Like