How does one do form formatting in Formloom 4?

It looks like you’ve built a very complex form, @Jimmy- I’d hate for you to have to start over. But, it also seems like this is what MachForm is built for. It’s so easy to write rules in MachForm (e.g., if a person answers this way, show this question, and/or if a person answers this way, email the answers to Person A, but if answered this way, email to Person B, etc.). Another fantastic feature is that we never, ever touch the database (other than creating it and instructing MachForm what the credentials are) - MachForm handles ALL database functions on the back end. Add a question- MachForm adds it to the db. It’s even possible to link Google docs and methods of payment to MachForm. The only drawback that I’ve ever found is that the styling of the forms could use some love. On the other hand, the styling of the emails that it generates is beautiful. If you have any specific questions, let me know. I’ve been using it for years; have almost 100 instances of it running; and have one client who receives over 500 entries every single day - and to the best of my knowledge, every single email has arrived correctly. I couldn’t be happier.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Would you have some examples of live Machforms? Styling is really important to me so I would like to take a look.

Also, where would I find Machform should I want to download it?

You can see a simple form https://www.mediapressions.com/contact-us/

And lots of information at https://www.machform.com/

Please excuse typos- my fingers were not made for a tiny iPhone keyboard!

1 Like

Let’s be clear.

I never said that the hosting was the issue. I would not make that claim without knowing for sure and could prove it. Saying someone’s product or service is the cause of issues without having proof would be highly irresponsible and super douchy.

The issue Jim had was that his MySQL database and table were not even close to being setup correctly. After several emails ( which I guess he felt he needed to share on the forums ) we finally got all that worked out. So the table is now setup up correctly and is not the cause of the issue.

The problem is that when using the save to MySQL feature , ALL the items checked need to be passed to the database for saving. Jim’s form uses Rules, which hides certain items from getting sent. THIS is the cause of the issue and I have told him as much.

Try to build the form without any rules and see if the data is not saved to your MySQL?

I will continue correspondence with @Jimmy via his already open support ticket.

3 Likes

Thanks Dave!

My sincere apologies: I really remembered it like that, but I read back all the emails from you and indeed you never said that it was a host problem. My bad.

I did feel the need to share those emails as I am trying to give the full background in order to get the best advice, or second options if you will, possible: I am looking for a form solution that can use Rules AND connect to MySQL. I thought Formloom was that solution. For the record though, other than that, Formloom is a solid product.

In the mean time, I deleted all the Rules, but am still getting an error message. I will inform you of the details in the open ticket between us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.