How NOT to make a website

( ) #22

Agreed, and fully aware of that, but bad design is bad design. I find it amusing when a big company with a big marketing budget intentionally does awful design. It’s brilliant, in it’s own way.

(Andrew Tavernor) #23

Bad design is an implementation that does not fulfil a purpose (unless it is pure art). Websites are not art - just marketing, if it sells product or raises profile then it is a good design.

( ) #24

Tav, do you own a pair of those Addidas Millenials? :wink:

Great point, although I somewhat disagree!

It does what it’s supposed to, and it does it well. That has big merit!

(Andrew Tavernor) #25

Ha ha - no I am a grumpy old man :smile:(But you probably gathered that already).

( ) #26

Not at all. We need more discussions like that…

(Lisa Sandler) #27

Who is this grumpy old man you speak of? Not the guy I communicate with :wink:

(James Bond) #28

How about everyone in this discussion who has laughed at someone else’s website put their own one up and let us ridicule it?

(Jan Fuellemann) #29

There is no such thing as bad PR :slight_smile:

(James Bond) #30

Well your link goes to a dead page, so the developers of the sites above at least succeeded where you failed by publishing their websites.

(Lisa Sandler) #31

At least my colors are easy on the eyes :wink:

(Lisa Sandler) #32

Can’t access your link. Thought maybe it was a firewall at my day job, but it seems I am not the only one who can’t.

(Jan Fuellemann) #33

Interesting. Works now!

( ) #34

Would you like to start with yours? :wink:

(James Bond) #35

No thanks, I wasn’t joining in with the ridicule, so I’m happy sitting up here on the moral high ground.

(James Bond) #36

Did you empty your effects box when making it?

(Jan Fuellemann) #37

Reduce to the max. It was hard work but I succeeded!

(James Bond) #38

Ya think?

( ) #39

Put the gun away, 007 :wink:

(Steve) #40

The UK site is slightly better.

(Peter Danckwerts) #41

That’s a real shame. Alisdair Kettle Pottery Supplies seems to be a great little company. If I had the time, I’d offer to rework their site gratis.