How NOT to make a website

Agreed, and fully aware of that, but bad design is bad design. I find it amusing when a big company with a big marketing budget intentionally does awful design. It’s brilliant, in it’s own way.

1 Like

Bad design is an implementation that does not fulfil a purpose (unless it is pure art). Websites are not art - just marketing, if it sells product or raises profile then it is a good design.

2 Likes

Tav, do you own a pair of those Addidas Millenials? :wink:

Great point, although I somewhat disagree!

It does what it’s supposed to, and it does it well. That has big merit!

1 Like

Ha ha - no I am a grumpy old man :smile:(But you probably gathered that already).

2 Likes

Not at all. We need more discussions like that…

1 Like

Who is this grumpy old man you speak of? Not the guy I communicate with :wink:

How about everyone in this discussion who has laughed at someone else’s website put their own one up and let us ridicule it?

There is no such thing as bad PR :slight_smile:

Well your link goes to a dead page, so the developers of the sites above at least succeeded where you failed by publishing their websites.

1 Like

At least my colors are easy on the eyes :wink:

1 Like

Can’t access your link. Thought maybe it was a firewall at my day job, but it seems I am not the only one who can’t.

Interesting. Works now!

2 Likes

Would you like to start with yours? :wink:

2 Likes

No thanks, I wasn’t joining in with the ridicule, so I’m happy sitting up here on the moral high ground.

1 Like

Did you empty your effects box when making it?

1 Like

Reduce to the max. It was hard work but I succeeded!

Ya think?

Put the gun away, 007 :wink:

4 Likes

The UK site is slightly better.

That’s a real shame. Alisdair Kettle Pottery Supplies seems to be a great little company. If I had the time, I’d offer to rework their site gratis.