Image size for new social tags feature

The new social tags feature of Rapidweaver 8 has an option for an image. Is there a recommended size for this image, that will work optimally in social media?

2 Likes

The images RapidWeaver uses are open graph metadata. Facebook (creators of the OG standard) suggest at least 1200 x 630 pixels.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Doug. As a test, I activated the ā€œsocial tagā€ feature, and the code it produces is all Twitter specificā€¦ not sure if it works on any social media besides Twitter. Not only that, but it appears that one has to have a Twitter account for it to be of much use. In other words, it is supposed to be used in your own Twitter feed. As far as I can tell anyway. Since I am not on Twitter, I probably wonā€™t use this new feature after all.

Actually, looking closer at the code, it starts off with a lot of Twitter code first, but there is OG code generated as well. Interesting.

They are so that if someone (or you) post a link to one of your pages they get a rich link instead of just a url, some forums support rich links so, the link below ā€˜shouldā€™ appear as such here.

bit.ly/2Umi3Sw

ā€¦and it doesnā€™t in this forum, so hereā€™s a screenshot of how the link looks elsewhere

This site will preview richlinks https://richpreview.com
Try www.dma-ni.com in it to see what I mean.

1 Like

Paul, thanks for your thoughts. Implementing social tags definitely is a good idea!

I am using Foundation, and just realized that I have not implemented the included ā€œSEO Helper Stackā€, which appears to be a far more powerful social tag engine than the built-in Rapidweaver version. So, I will give the SEO Helper Stack a go.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.