Introducing WordPress Embed Stack - a new approach to integrate Wordpress with Rapidweaver

Just launched! WordPress Embed Stack

It takes a new approach to add WordPress content to your Rapidweaver Website.

One of the issues of embedding dynamic content (such as blog, pages, post categories) is that we don’t know how many items will be displayed, and therefore the height of the content.

That’s where the WordPress Embed comes in!

Just drop the WordPress stack into your page, set the location of your WordPress installation, then enter the slug for the WordPress content that you are trying to display and the WordPress Stack does the rest.

You can display Wordpress pages, single posts or all posts from a category.

Check our product page for more information.

Demo site here.

Happy weaving!

Ricardo

6 Likes

Hey @RicardoR would it be possible with this stack to have a full-blown wooCommerce-Shop inside a RapidWeaver page?

Hi @RapidBase,

Although I haven’t tested directly, I don’t see why not, as long there’s a slug to the content that you want to display.

1 Like

Thanks @RicardoR. A total WP beginner question…, but where exactly do I find this content-“slug” in WordPress?

@RapidBase When you create a new post/page in WP there is an area for the slug. Essentially the slug becomes the ending of the URL to the post/page. You can access this on the far right when editing/creating a new post. Or you can access via the QuickEdit button when you see all your posts. See image below:

I hope this is clear enough. Not sure how familiar or not you are with WordPress

3 Likes

Thanks Mathew, now I see the input field for the “slug”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be really interested to see if you’re able to achieve this and integrate a Woocommerce shop into a RW site.

Rob

3 Likes

@RapidBase,

Also, there are slugs for pages and categories:

Here is where you can find for categories:

For a page, click on edit then here is the ‘slug’, is the one in bold:

1 Like

As time permits, I will be adding more hints and suggestions on the Wordpress Product page.

1 Like

Thanks @RicardoR! Will dive into this as soon as I have time.

Chime at any time Matthias, I will be happy to help.

1 Like

@RapidBase, do you have already an Woocommerce site running?

1 Like

Thanks so much, @RicardoR. I’ll surely get back to you if I need some help with this.

I currently have no wooCommerce shop running, but a client of mine has (I didn’t create this site):
https://www.oekosekt.de/shop/

It could be that I would have to rebuild his site with RapidWeaver and with your stack there is the possibility that I could use the current wooCommerce shop within a RW site. But this is months away…

@RapidBase,

Another idea for your client would be to migrate the woo commerce to Ecwid (it’s not a difficult process), then develop the new site in RW with the Ecwid Stacks, and by that time the Ecwid Stacks v2 will be out. It’s a major re-write and upgrade, and as such, I doing a lot of testing to have a release with little or no bugs.

Maybe I should start a series of small tutorial previews here, as there a so many new features! A documentation nightmare, lol. I wonder if that would be a good idea?

Anyway, food for thought!

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.