Transfer existing Wordpress blog to new RW site?

Hello,

I have a Wordpress blog installed on my creaky old (non-RW) website, which I plan to rebuild in Rapidweaver soon. The blog has many articles and various media, but with comments disabled.

Assuming that I rebuild my site with Rapidweaver 8 (and Wordpress, for the blog portion of the site only), I propose to copy, using my web host’s control panel, all the blog subfolders (wp-admin, wp-content, and wp-includes) that currently reside in my old website into a /blog folder on my new Rapidweaver site.

Question: I’d like to ask whether there is a way to integrate those existing blog pages into the new Rapidweaver site, with their formatting preserved?

The goal is to create a functioning blog using content from the old site as is, without having to copy each article into a new blog page, re-upload each media item, and reformat and publish each article according to its original publish date on the old site.

Note: I am considering using yabdab’s WordPress Stack, but am also looking for other options.

Being able to incorporate the existing blog into a new RW blog would be a tremendous time saver. To be honest, I’m not sure I would proceed with adding a new Wordpress blog to the new RW site if I had to rebuild it from scratch.

Thanks for your help with my question!

John

Cannot guarantee that, though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.