Is it possible with Rapidweaver?

Hi,

I am trying to understand how to create a website like the following.

Is it possible to create a website like that via Rapidweaver ?

If yes, any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Kent,

welcome to the forum. A site like Urbansitter is perfectly doable in RW. Iā€™m sure you can make something better looking as well (sorry, I have a graphical background). You will need some stacks however (besides Stacks4 which is a must have). Subscriptions can be done by Sitelok stack, search engines like Searcher2 stack can be incorporated as well. You may want to invest in a framework like Foundry or Foundation or others as well, but there are templates available that may suit you.

Donā€™t hesitate to post your questions on the forum.

Cheers,
Hans

3 Likes

Thank you very much Hans for this really helpful answer ! Will dig into that and will certainly have other questions in a near future.

1 Like

Kent,

My recommendation is Foundry with Hansā€™s other suggestions.

Doug

2 Likes

Hi Doug,

I had a look and agree that Foundry looks pretty awesome. So many possibilities with these stacks.

Thank you !

1 Like

Kentā€” Itā€™s quite amazing what you can do with Foundry (and quickly). Best of luck with your project. ā€”Doug

1 Like

@Panans

One additional question regarding urbansitter website. It is a collaborative website in which users are publishing an ads and other users applying for the ā€œjobā€.
How is that part working ? Which plug-in is used to allow user publishing on the website ?
Is that working as a blog or is it a specific plugin ?

Usually user willing to add an ads when clicking on the button are redirected to a specific form to complete information like ā€œwhat,where,when,price etc ā€¦ then by submitting it is posted under the right section of the site.

Thank you for your help.

Kent.

@Kent1 I was completely new to RW a year ago, after searching for a few years for a replacement for my previous site-builder (Sandvox, and before that, iWeb). Iā€™ve learned a lot in the process; hereā€™s a post detailing the most useful things learned in the first several weeks: Rebuilding My Web

1 Like

Hi Kent,

I donā€™t have experience with ads on a site, but if you go for Foundry you should be able to do this with Alloy. This works like a blog, but you can also define areas that will work as a CMS system.

Hans

Thank you Hans. I had a quick look on Alloy and it looks like this might be what I was looking for. Thanks a lot !

Hi Kent,

By using the Embeds (Alloy), this should be perfectly doable. Iā€™m just not sure about the amount of passwords you can give to third parties (if I recall, you can have 3 free users. You can add more by buying extra licences). I donā€™t have my Mac at hand this week, so I canā€™t really check it out, must be in the Alloy documentation somewhere.

Hans

Hi Hans,
Then I think this is not the right tool.
The idea is for any users who have created a profile to have the opportunity either to post a ā€œjobā€ or apply to a job.

I just donā€™t get how to setup something like that in a website and if all that work as a blog or a specific page created each time someone post a new job.

If I can compare it, it looks like a shop were people instead of buying something proposed by another user they would just provide a service (babysitting/ gardening/ cleaning ā€¦) and get paid through the website by the user who posted the job.
The only difference with a eCommerce is that I will not be the one posting the products but the users directly.
The site is finally looking like a platform in which users can post service request and apply to it.

Not sure I am explaining that well but maybe it is comparable to a classified ads website.

KRs,

Kent

Hi Kent,

Then maybe something like this? A webshop with integrated CMS.
Iā€™ve only my iPad this week, so I canā€™t experiment with some stacks in RW.

Iā€™m sure there are solutions to be found,

Hans

I will have a look :eyes: thx.

Do you think that the following might be implemented in Rapidweaver:

Thx

Kent

1 Like

You can certainly use something like that in RW and Iā€™d suggest thatā€™s the way forward. In itself, Rapidweaver canā€™t produce a site like the one you used as an example, but it could act as the nice-looking ā€˜wrapperā€™ for a plugin like Quickad.

Alternatively, there might be a better database-driven web builder that would be much more suitable. I donā€™t know what it is though, sorry!

1 Like

I agree here.

You can use RW as a nice wrapper with all the nifty cool things for static pages (and some dynamic stuff), but for a job page like the example, you will need a proper software / web application.

Thank you for the advises.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.