Japanese Fantasy theme query & mobile compatibility

Hi,
I’m having a little bit of a problem with my site being “compatible” on mobile devices. Currently it just loads up as the desktop version, which I don’t have issue with but Google seemingly doesn’t like.

Is there something I need to change in my code or settings to get this working correctly?

The website is http://www.theparadisegarden.co.uk

Also;

• Is there a way to change the title image? The green bamboo in this instance.
  • Is it possible to change the dimensions of the background so that the Quandoo widget, which is in the sidebar, isn’t running over the edge?

Any advice is appreciated. Many thanks
Pui

Hi,

You can try this CSS to adjust the position of the widget:-

#sidebar {
    width: 290px;
}

However I would urge you to consider completely remaking the site from scratch using a responsive theme (and ideally Stacks/stacks).

Best of luck.

Thank you.

I’ve actually been considering changing the site around. It hasn’t had a refresh for about 3 or 4 years, so this could be an ideal time to do it.

Are any of the pre-installed themes on RapidWeaver (Just upgraded to V7) classed as responsive? I’m just browsing some of the themes on the community pages for ideas too.

You are welcome.

For built in themes in RW7 I would check out:-

Kiki
Voyager
Tesla
Split

They are responsive and would work well with your subject matter. Note that there are Pro versions of both Kiki and Voyager which are just superb and offer extensive visual and ui refinements which virtually guarantee a polished ‘professional’ looking website.

Good luck

2 Likes