Joe's Soundcloud stack and Easy CMS

(Rob Beattie) #1

Hi all,

is there are way to control Joe Workman’s Soundcloud stack via Easy CMS?

Just need an easy way for a client to have three tracks on their site that are hosted on Soundcloud and that they can update whenever they like.

Thanks

Rob

(Rob Beattie) #2

Is that a ‘no’ then, EasyCMS gurus? :sunglasses: @joeworkman @zeebe

(Jason Bostick) #3

Are the tracks just urls? I’ve used macros for URL’s before for the purpose of letting a client update buttons. I just put the macro in the link dialogue box and it’s worked fine. I haven’t used soundcloud before though.

(Rob Beattie) #4

The usual way to do it is to use the embed code which Soundcloud provides.

I can do it with GoCMS but wondered if there was a funky way of achieving the same result using Joe’s SC stack.

(Jason Bostick) #5

I feel like Soundcloud and oEmbed has been mentioned on the other forum and that it was possible. But I’m not 100% on that…

(Joe Workman) #6

You cannot edit the Soundcloud stack with Easy CMS since the values are inside the JavaScript. You could enter in the Soundcloud embed code into Easy CMS though.

(Rob Beattie) #7

Which stack would I use to enter the code Joe? Thanks.

Rob

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #8

A text stack should work or an HTML stack with a macro.

(Rob Beattie) #9

Thanks to both but I’m still scratching my head a little.

So on the content side I’d place an ordinary Stacks text stack and then type the macro into that (for example %cmsText(soundcloud)%

Which stack would I use on the Admin side so someone could paste in the embed code from Soundcloud?

many thanks

Rob

(Joe Workman) #10

You would use a Text admin stack, set it to Plain Text/Markdown. Then paste in the HTML to the soundcloud embed.

(Rob Beattie) #11

That’s it Joe. Many thanks, works a treat. I’m always amazed at how flexible Easy CMS is.

Rob

(system) #12

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.