Keep the flames to minimum please… First draft custom GPT for Elements Components

Frankly I’ve not tested this yet. But maybe it will be helpful to someone. Unfortunately it only has access to unreliable URL’s for its knowledge. Maybe actual documents will appear that I can tokenize and add for knowledge. No, I’m not going to fully train and tune an AI agent. This is just a light duty RAG GPT, but hopefully it helps people. The Tap Forms GPT has been very successful in helping people.

At the moment, you will have to have the link below to access it. If it is good enough to help the typical component building user and when Elements it released into the wild, I’ll consider making it available on the GPT Store.

Meanwhile, use at your own risk and give me feedback. Maybe I’ll be able to correct any issues. Here is the link:

Elements Custom Components Assistant

2 Likes

Hi, link doesn’t work. :sob: conversion missing item gizmo

Awww, links not working…

In Europe do you have to have a paid OpenAI GPT+ account to access custom GPTs? I know that it used to be that way, but I think they opened it up in the USA…not sure about Europe.

Here is a fresh link, too:

Elements Custom Components Assistant

This is what you should see:

And here it is what I got :

:sob: again

None of your replies count! You are supposed to be unplugged and doing a tech detox! Doctor! Heal thyself!

1 Like

If the link continues to be an issue, I can release it to the GPT Store, but I don’t know that the Realmac team would approve of an unofficial GPT out there that may or may not show Elements in the best light. I think they’d want to test it before even giving an unofficial nod.

I am in the US. This link does not work. Sorry.

Very strange. Do you have a GPT+ account (paid account)?

No.

Ignore this part: just adding a bunch of extra words so I can answer this message and overcome the human challenge of answering with enough characters. :joy:

That’s funny! …the last part that is!

As to the GPT it might require you to have a paid account to use the custom GPT. I thought they might have changed that, but I guess not.

I ran a couple of quick tests. It looks like I need to pull some of the basic Component requirements into the priming explicitly. It is not pulling reliably from the on-line document.

Realmac team, if you have a few examples of well-formed custom Components that you can either send to me or post here, I’ll create some knowledge from them for the GPT. I think that your expertise in providing a few really good examples would make a lot of difference.

How important is Tailwind knowledge for creating custom Components? I’ve currently got the GPT wired to documentation for it and that might be confusing it with how it is structured at the moment. If I can disconnect Tailwind knowledge without harming the ability to know about Components I think it would help.

1 Like

I know this is not going to be supported by RM in the beginning, but if you can make a proof of concept work that would be cool indeed.

I don’t ever expect it to be fully supported by RM. In fact, I’m hoping it proves useless. I’d much rather see the documentation loaded into the Apple Help system and using Apple Intelligence (small language model) to provided this sort of copilot experience. When App Intents are fully powered, I expect that we will begin to see applications that can build out full websites from text/voice descriptions. These special purpose small language models will power apps like Elements. There will still be a need for developers for fine tuning, complex or innovative designs, and for confirming actual function.

But…baby steps. First step, get a custom GPT going that all of the Elements subscribers can use to assist with and maybe somewhat automate custom GPT creation. I hope that it helps us and the RM guys sell more licenses so that can keep up with the future.

1 Like

Completely agree with this sentiment!

1 Like

oh damn he’s gonna find out i was logged in with my smiley :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I got same error, EU and free account with ChatGPT.

A similar offering from Alex Svet for the photo application Capture One works perfectly with a free account. Unless there’s some other aspect to this I’m unaware of.

Okay…let’s see if we can fix this. I’ve placed it on the GTP Store. If anyone at the RW team objects I’ll take it down immediately.

Element Custom Components Assistant

Let me know if it works for you…at all.

Once we get past that, feel free to hammer me with responses.

FYI…I’ll feel much better about the results you get from this after Elements stabilizes to retail release and there is the possibility of getting together the user manual and both the information will be more stable and I can tune the model with the better information.

1 Like