Kickstarter challenge?

Hi Folks,

I have a Cartloom shop. I recently ran a Kickstarter campaign that almost made it but didn’t quite! :cry:

I know Cartloom has a manual pay option, and the ability to create invoices. BUT, I’d like to find an easier solution to a challenge. I want to be able to offer people the ability to buy the book, go through the motions of paying via Paypal/Stripe, but not have the money taken straight away.

Looking at the manual payment option there doesn’t seem to be a link to the payment system (it seems to exist outside of that, because its manual).

The invoicing again allows me to create an invoice, but can that be tied to the manual order?

Am I missing something here?

Is there a better way that I’m not seeing?

Comments, advice, scorn appreciated?!!

Perhaps not the answer you were looking for, but…

Have you thought about re-running the campaign on Indiegogo? Maybe take what you learned from the Kickstarter campaign and apply it to Indiegogo.

Indiegogo allow you to setup a campaign so you receive the money even if you don’t make the goal. Perhaps go this route as it sounds like you’re going ahead with project anyway.

Good luck!

Cheers
Dan

1 Like

Hey Dan,

I did think about that. But I suppose having been burnt by “projects” that looked good and never happened. I didn’t want to be part of that world. My ethics I know, but thats the way I roll!!! :rofl:

Besides, I think having better ecommerce solutions that can be used through RW is always good. I like Cartloom a lot, but he help system, and lack of a good manual online that is up to date is a little frustrating. The team there are amazing though, always responsive!

Cheers, and looking forward to RW 9 !

I use Mollie for many projects. I know it has a manuel part too. Maybe you could have a look? https://www.mollie.com/en

Thanks for that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.