Legacy rwResource, rw.Property, /rw…

I’ve just started going through the custom element/component examples (thank you) and I’m noticing a lot of RapidWeaver references (rwResource, rw.Property, {Site}/rw/… but also ~/Library/containers/.com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver, as well as in the docs, etc).

I know Elements has been build on the existing RapidWeaver codebase, but are these RapidWeaver references going to stick around? I’m finding them a little confusing as they create a meaningless legacy naming constraint[1] that makes no sense unless you know that Elements came from RapidWeaver — which may (or may not) be a positive thing from a user perspective.

Not a critical issue by any means, but something to be aware of as new docs and examples are created with this convention. Realmac has an opportunity to reinvent and reintroduce itself to new (and existing) audiences with Elements, it would be a shame to leave dirty laundry laying around.

[1] It would also be great if we could lose the {Site}/rw folder on publish… either let us choose the name (preferred), or simply call it {Site}/elements. Also, why is there a {Site}/files folder as well which also includes styles?

1 Like

We talked about all this before the first beta release. Hopefully they’re simply working through cleaning it all up. It looks sloppy and does potentially expose hints used by hackers.

2 Likes