I did a lot of digging in the files you sent over to us (sorry I’ve been slow to reply I was in hospital last week having some minor surgery), I have been able to discover that the second file you sent is missing > 30MB of data scattered about in various bits (not just images – but also some of the data files, other media files, etc). It’s pretty well scattered around the file – not isolated at all to the pages you modified. Which is all a very unique issue I’ve not yet seen before.
I sent some other detailed questions too. I’d like to more about how you’re conducting this experiment – how the files get copied, etc. – and whether the same sort of corruption you’re seeing can be repeated with this experiment at will.
If you can do this consistently it would be great to have a movie or more details into the precise mechanism. Like even the most minute details that you probably think are completely useless – where you click, how you drag, which menus you choose, etc.
There are tens of thousands active users of these products and quite a few using them every day full time and I think it’s pretty safe to say that lopping off 30MB of project files is something most people would notice!!!
Which is to say that there is very likely something very specific to your setup, machine, environment, or even the way that you’re copying or storing these files, that is catalyzing this issue.
This is not to say that it’s not a bug – it very well may be – i think there’s a pretty good chance – but it’s one that’s been (thankfully) very well hidden to most users. What we need to discover is what makes you so “lucky” to have uncovered this one and be able to see it over and over.
I promise I’m very interestested in your reply (and any other details you have) – but I am only able to sit at my desk a couple hours a day at the moment, if I don’t get back to you immediately my sore hip apologizes in advance.