Need help with picture url

Okay so I have had trouble with this for a long time and unfortunately tired everything but failed. When I use the build in picture plugin and have my pictures on my page the url is first of all way tooo long and the next thing is everytime I upload new pictures the URL will be different from the old one. So let’s say I send someone the link of my picture url example: /files/page4-1004-full.html if I upload new pictures it would be files/page4-1008-full.html

I really don’t know how to fix that to make the URL shorter or just not get replaced by another pictures url (basically move up a couple of pictures)

I really hope someone could help me out I would really appreciate that.

You are using the inbuilt photo gallery. Well, that’s the case with it.

What do you want to accomplish?

I would like to get a custom URL for each picture (a shorter URL) or at least one that won’t change after I post a couple of different pictures.

Any help would be awesome :slight_smile:

Well, that won’t work with the inbuilt photo plugin. I guess you want to have he ability to send others a direct link to a photo, which is already opened in “full screen mode”?

Like a “permalink” to a photo inside a lightbox?

Yes like it’s not easy to explain I am going to try to make an example: I have a picture URL like this one: [http://mariusweber.com/mercedes/files/page1-1030-full.html] so I for example going to send this URL of my picture to someone but just recently uploaded more pictures to my website, the URL will show a different picture instead of the one I send because the URL is not permanent and will just move up to a different one.

Basically as you already said a permalink that will always be the same no matter what even if I upload a thousand pictures!

What can I do?

Thanks again for the help so far :slight_smile: