Newb here, stupid question - how do I make text bigger?

I’m using the Mountains theme and the body text is too small (on a styled text page). I’m on a 2019 27" iMac and I can’t read the text comfortably (I’m 63). In the Styles tab of the Inspector sidebar, there’s a text size slider and it doesn’t seem to do a damn thing. I’ve searched this forum and nearest thing I can find is perhaps using some CSS in the Code tab of the inspector for the page. I’m fine with the font, I just want to play with the size.

What does the slider do? Anything?

Is css the way to go? If so, can someone suggest the appropriate entry? I can probably figure something out, but I figured I’d ask first.

And shame on me for not studying this app more. There is no manual. There is no textual description of how this app works. Just a few videos that don’t cover nearly enough. Pretty damn disappointing.

Thanks.

The slider in the Styles tab of the inspector should be changing the font size of the body text. If it’s not, then it’s likely that the size is getting applied directly to your text, which overrides the theme’s font size setting.

The most common way this happens is when you copy text from another application (like Word) and paste it into a styled text page. When you do that, you are actually copying a bunch of hidden formatting which applies to the text, which overrides the theme styling. You can select the text and use the “Clear Formatting” command from the Format menu to remove this hidden formatting. Even easier, is if you always paste text into RW by using the “Paste as Plain Text” command from the Edit menu. This pastes the text without the hidden formatting.

The second most common way is if you used the text size formatting from the toolbar in at the bottom of the styles text page. That adjustment can be tricky in RW. It’s much better to use the page styles tab to set your main paragraph font size to what you want.

1 Like

Closest thing to a manual is here.

1 Like

Thanks!

Cool! Thanks, I did copy and paste it. I’ll check that out. Appreciate the quick replies!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.