Option for one banner image file only

Hi:

I think this is something that falls under the RapidWeaver General category, so…if not, can it be moved?

In my project, I’m using a partial that contains a banner, the site styles stack, and a nav bar. When I publish, the banner image is copied to each of the page directories. I assume this is a RapidWeaver thing, and not specific to the framework I’m using (foundry).

I wondered if there was a way to include have only one banner image file on disk and still include it in the partial. Possible?

Thanks,

Doug

It seems you have a misconception about how banners work. (If I’m wrong, I apologize in advance).

When you create the partial I am assuming you have applied it to all your pages: mainly because it includes the site styles and nav bar. But what you are also doing is placing that banner image on each page because of the partial. RW is behaving as it should in this case.

If this is the case then I would unpack the partial on the home page and remove the banner from it. Or, if the banner has to be paired with the nav bar, then just don’t use a partial on the home page. Then on another page edit the partial to not contain a banner image.

I think what you’re saying is that the banner image is duplicated for each page? What you are looking for is a “site wide” image that wouldn’t be copied into each pages directory?

If I’m correctly understanding what you’re talking about then you might have a look at replacing the Foundry banner stack you are using with one that supports “remote images” aka warehouse images.

I’m not at my Mac right now but if I remember staks4stacks freestyle stack might work.

Apology accepted. :grin:

I see how it works in RapidWeaver and I wonder…is there a way I can make that banner a single resource and simply refer to it? That’s how I’d do it if I were coding the site by hand. (To be fair, if I were coding the site by hand, it wouldn’t be anywhere near as good as what gets turned out by the Foundry stacks…)

Yup. I will check out the stack you recommended; if it doesn’t work, I’m only out the purchase price (which, if I recall, is nothing.)

Thanks @Mathew and @teefers – I did learn something from both answers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.