Overlay content on banner in new Future theme?

As the content much of the time is quite far down the page with new Future theme, is there a way to overlay addional content for example video/text/slideshow just below the header?

I have Stacks but cannot figure out a way to move content up that far

Anyone?

It might seem like a long ways down based on the way the image is, but take a look at this screenshot:

It really isnโ€™t that far from the bottom of the image, the image is just slanted and not straight. There seems to be a little bit of margin, but not a lot.

There might be a way to eliminate this with CSS, but I could not find it right now (didnโ€™t look very hard either, sorry).

What I wanted to do was move some content so that it overlays the banner as in the rough illustration here.

example

Ah, you could try using Joeโ€™s Target stack.

Would that work with banner in the theme?
I really like the angled effect used and cannot replicate it without editing images in Photoshop and blanking out lower corner (which may be much easier than using the theme!)

OK, here is a little demo I quickly made, did not take any time to make this look good, just to show you what could be done.
http://www.zeebedesigns.com/target-future-banner

I did no adjusting for mobile either, I would obviously have it set up differently, probably hide this version and make it different for mobile.

3 Likes

That looks like the layout/effect I was after, how did you do that? I have bought the Target stack but canโ€™t seem to get it to do it using the Future theme!

You can get the project file here:
https://d.pr/f/yn8igB
It uses Joeโ€™s YouTube stack, but you can put any video stack in there.

3 Likes

Thanks so much, I am back now and about to explore it! :sunglasses:

Thanks for helping me out. I can get it to work but discovered it is the Foundation styles stack which was breaking it. I will have to find alternative stacks to use to replace the foundation versions

You should not be using Foundation Site Styles with the Future theme. One, Future is a Bootstrap theme. Two, Foundation stacks should only be used with the Foundation theme. My project file does NOT include the Site Styles stack on it.

1 Like

I have got the content working as I planned but the content overlays the footer rather than the footer sitting below and cannot see how to prevent this without cutting page content to a minimum, am I missing a setting somewhere?

Is there any way to make menubar fixed in future theme?

No clue, something you would need to ask Realmac Support as it is there theme.

Was that suppose to be a download projectโ€ฆI got a 404 error

Ah, I did not extend the droplr time, let me see if I can find it and re-upload it.

Any luck finding that file?

Sorry had a very hectic weekend and I am substitute teaching right now. Will look when I get home

OK, here is the file. Set it to not self-destruct