Page Safe Confusion

Does Page Safe work with DW8 and Stacks3 I have had a grand headache today. It seems to install OK – but when I try to add it to a page I get nothing like the menu on the shown in the video. My download had just an RW6 demo page and “PageSafe.rwaddons”.

I do not see a menu when I put Page Safe on a page. All I get is a very small fuzzy line. If I click on this line, which hard to do because it is so light in color and very thin, I get some of the menu. I do not get the options shown in the video. Nothing about log out, etc. I did my best to set it up, and it worked the first I tried it (without a Logout button as there was nothing in the menu for that (like was shown in the video. I looked fo

It seems like things are REALLY different with RW8 and Stacks 3 or something goes wrong in the installation. I deleted Page Safe from my library. I went back to my orders and found mine along with a link to download Page Safe again. I downloaded it and reinstalled it. Still the same problem. It is like the whole thing was not downloaded and installed.

Dr. Jim Fox
Executive Director
RockyMountainOpen.net

Yes, Pagesafe does work with RW8.

How are you adding the PageSafe.rwaddons file to RW? Open RW and then drag the PageSafe.rwaddons file onto the RW icon in the Mac dock.

Do you see Pagesafe in the RW library as in this screenshot?

https://d.pr/free/i/tBpTpd

Or maybe you have ‘hidden’ the Pagesafe stack using the ‘Hide’ button on the top menu bar?

https://d.pr/free/i/6kSb8Q

Gary,
I did install it the way you suggested. I never saw the screen shot you provided. I added Page Safe to the page and got a fuzzy line.

Now I am in bigger trouble. I Uninstalled Page Safe and re-installed it. Now it does not show up in my library, but when I look at the page I get:

As you can see, RW thinks it is partially installed. So I restarted and re-installed it again. This time it showed up in my library but if I added it to my stack, I got the fuzzy line again. Ugh.

BTW, this is a new website. I started clean, so there should not be any interference from other programs.

I am thinking it might be time to contact Joe Workman. I am total lost. I have never seen what shows in your screen shot.

Mine only showed the green Page Safe. I never saw a “Stack Safe” or “Logout”

Thanks again for trying. I certainly am open to other ideas!

Maybe something has corrupted in your download of page safe?

Try redownloading the current version from Weavers Space and installing it. Here is the link to the page to use your order number to redownload https://www.weavers.space/support

Wow Paul - we think somewhat alike. I did go Weavers Space and got a list of my downloads. I redownloaded Page Safe. I open the zip file, and placed “PageSafe.rwaddons” on the RW icon in my dock.

I have deleted it, download fresh copies (I actually tried that twice) and even tried starting a new project so everything was clean. I got the fuzzy line each time. My library shows this:

I agree something is corrupted. But how to solve it is not straight forward. I will try to show a picture. I am not sure you will be able to see the blue fuzzy line I get instead of the correct stack.

I also, as suggested checked to see if it was hidden. It is not.

Mmm…, try looking in your RW add-ons folder (RW8 will have it’s own, if you had a previous version it will have a separate folder), to make sure that page safe is deleted and their are no corrupted versions stuck there.
Reinstall page safe, restart RW and see if that might work.

1 Like

In RW8, choose 'Reveal Addons Folder and see if you can see the Pagesafe.stack in that folder as per this screenshot.

I’m assuming that you only have one version of RW installed (RW8) and that you are running that version before you drop the installation file on the icon in the Mac doc?
2019-02-01_08-35-08

Also, in the RW ‘Advanced’ settings, do you have Addon Locations set to 'Managed by Rapidweaver?

1 Like

One more thing to check, when you click on the Pagesafe stack in the RW library, what version is it showing? I’m showing v1.4.0 installed

Also, I presume you are running Stacks v3.5 or later?

And while I’m full of bright ideas, when you find the pagesafe.stack in RW using ‘Reveal Addons Folder’ right click on the pagesafe.stack and choose ‘Show Package Contents’ and see if you see this:
2019-02-01_09-26-45

Also, in the RW ‘Advanced’ settings, do you have Addon Locations set to 'Managed by Rapidweaver?

In my RW “Advanced settings” I checked and Page Safe is there and checked. It is also managed by RapidWeaver.

I’m assuming that you only have one version of RW installed (RW8) and that you are running that version before you drop the installation file on the icon in the Mac doc?

This is all true. Hence my “headache.”

In RW8, choose 'Reveal Addons Folder and see if you can see the Pagesafe.stack in that folder.

Yes, there is a PageSafe.stack in that folder.

Before I go on, I want to thank everyone for helping me with this matter!

Now I have some thoughts. Could I go to my Library and delete PageSafe and then come back and check again and delete anything left from Page Safe from the Addons Folder? If something is in there, would it be safe to delete it?

Then I could re-install Page Safe from my current download and see what happens.‘’

Does that sound like a good idea, or might I screw up everything by doing that?

Thanks!

Oh, and I am running RW 8.1.3 and Stacks 3 something. I could find a version number. Everything is the latest to the best of my knowledge.

Still two questions, what version is Pagesafe showing at the bottom of the RW library pane?

Also, when you right click on PageSafe.tack and choose ‘Show Package Contents’ what do you see?

You can see what version of Stacks you are running in RW Preferences > Plugins

I’ve just gone through the install process again.

• I used the RW ‘Reveal Addons Folder’ and removed PageSafe.stack from the directory. (I moved it to a temporary directory)
  • Run RW and sure enough PageSafe isn’t showing in the RW Library
  • Exited from RW
  • Downloaded PageSafe.zip form my previous purchases on the Weavers Space support page
  • Unzipped the PageSafe.zip to give me the PageSafe folder that contains PageSafe.rw6 (demo project) and PageSafe.rwaddons
  • Run RW
  • Dragged the PageSafe.rwaddons file to the RW icon in the dock at the bottom of the Mac screen
  • The Install addons window popped up and I chose install
  • Restarted RW and chose File > New Project
  • Added a single Stacks Page
  • Checked the RW library and PageSafe stacks Logout, Page Safe and Stack Safe are all showing
  • Dragged the Page Safe stack to the page and all is good

Just check that you are following this workflow and see what happens with a new single page project.

Page Safe v. 1.4.0 Stacks v. 3.6.5

Also, when you right click on PageSafe.stack and choose ‘Show Package Contents’ what do you see?

Nothing - I think that is the problem. My first install was may not have been complete, and simply deleting it from the library does not completely delete everything.

• I used the RW ‘Reveal Addons Folder’ and removed PageSafe.stack from the directory. (I moved it to a temporary directory)
  • Run RW and sure enough PageSafe isn’t showing in the RW Library
  • Exited from RW
  • Downloaded PageSafe.zip form my previous purchases on the Weavers Space support page
  • Unzipped the PageSafe.zip to give me the PageSafe folder that contains PageSafe.rw6 (demo project) and PageSafe.rwaddons
  • Run RW
  • Dragged the PageSafe.rwaddons file to the RW icon in the dock at the bottom of the Mac screen
  • The Install addons window popped up and I chose install
  • Restarted RW and chose File > New Project
  • Added a single Stacks Page
  • Checked the RW library and PageSafe stacks Logout, Page Safe and Stack Safe are all showing
  • Dragged the Page Safe stack to the page and all is good

This is the process I have followed except:

I never get the Stack Safe (nor the Logout stack).

Would it hurt anything if I did this:
Go to my Library and Uninstall Page Safe
Afterward, go to anything that might be left over from the Addons Folder regarding Page Safe.
Restart RW
Install PageSafe

If this seems like a sound thing to try and will not crash RW, I would like to try it.

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. However, I ‘uninstalled’ PageSafe by removing the PageSafe.stack file from the Reveal Addons folder rather than using uninstall in the RW library panel.

When you unzip the PageSafe.zip to get the PageSafe folder, you can then right click on the PageSafe.rwaddons and choose "Show Package Contents’ and drill down to Contents > Stacks to display the PageSafe.stack. Do Show Package Contents on that and you will see all three stacks. If this looks good, then your download is good. I do know of a case where the user just renamed the .zip file to .stack and wondered why that didn’t work.

2019-02-01_11-28-19

Hmm, I had a bit of trouble reinstalling the stack after I’d deleted it, but I can’t reproduce that now so maybe finger trouble on my part.

Jim, OK, here is a ‘Plan B’

• Run RW
  • Choose ‘Reveal Addons Folder’ and open the Stacks folder
  • Open the PageSafe folder you got when you unzipped the PageSafe.zip download
  • Right click on the PageSafe.rwaddons file and choose ‘Show Package Contents’
  • Click on Contents and then Stacks to show the PageSafe.stack file
  • Drag this file to the RW Addons Folder
  • Restart RW and see if you have any joy

Ruyton,

Well, there was SOME JOY. Installing it “by hand” I now get all three icons in the Library. But when I place the Page Safe stack on a page I still get the fuzzy blue line. Clicking on that line gives me the Page Safe options in the Inspector.

It may work setup this way … I would have to play with it. It will not look pretty to me, but if it works I could drop a note to Joe Workman and maybe the next update might fix my problem. I can wait if this “blue line” actually works. I will tell you more later (bedtime for me).

Jim

Good luck with that Jim, if you were to create a one-page project with PageSafe on it, I’d be happy to see if it loads OK into my copy of RW and try to see what is going on.

Just let me know.

1 Like

Hey Guys, sorry to but in here but I think I know what’s going on…

@DocFox You have your stacks view set to No borders

ZZ4BBB0FEE

Hopefully, that will help.

1 Like