Pages don't open

I have a number of articles in pdf form that show up in my resources but on live site the articles will not open. Worked great before I updated to RW8.
Grateful for any help!

How are you linking to them on the page?

Do you have a URL?

I never use resources
Use ftp program and put them in a folder. Keeps project files small & easy to update.

1 Like

All worked great until a few weeks ago–and readers of my site let me know. The articles are there to be read. They are in RW and on my computer, published (says all is published), can see titles only on live site but will not open to be read.

If they open okay in RapidWeaver, try republishing all files(⌄Opt+⌘ Cmd+K).

Other than that without a URL can’t say for sure.

Done so repeatedly. Very weird.

Also added a new page and cannot delete.

At this point, I would only be guessing without seeing the published page. So without a URL to see what might be going on with the page on the server can’t help much.

I know RW8 has no issues with proper links to pdfs in resources.

You can’t delete a page in Rapidweaver or on the server? I also know RW8 deletes pages within the project fine. RapidWeaver never has deleted anything on the server.

Thanks for any help. The site: www.alanlacer.com The articles are the only thing not working properly. The files are pdf’s.

Have you used the RapidViewer plugin to create/link/display the articles? If so, maybe Foreground support can help?

As far as I can see, the PDF files are not on the server? Trying to open one of the links gives a 404 error.

Well your pdf docs do exist. I’ve been able to open them once I found the links in web inspector and formatted them into a form that I could link to. However, that’s only on all the pages from “Turning Handles” and below. All the pages above that are linked to this:

<iframe id="rapidviewer_viewer" src="http://extra.omnidea.it/rapidviewer/preview_document.pdf" style="width: 100%; height: 500px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; border: none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Seems to be a default reference.

The pages that do have the correct links to pdfs use this kind of code and that’s doesn’t want to work within the page unless I remove a lot of the cruft around the link:

<iframe id="rapidviewer_viewer" src="http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Falanlacer.com%2Frapidviewer-4%2Frapidviewer-13%2Ffiles%2FForgotten%20Handles.pdf&amp;embedded=true" style="width: 100%; height: 500px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; border: none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

As @robbeattie says
you may want to ask RapidViewer support.

To my knowledge RapidViewer hasn’t been updated in about 5 years. It’s long before Catalina’s Gatekeeper update that requires all plugins (rapidviewer I think is a plugin) be notarized. @rob @gibo

Anyway I don’t believe it’s support anymore, and certainly won’t work on Catalina or above. With all modern browsers now supporting PDF viewing built-in, not sure what you need a special plugin for.

If you have stacks there is a free stacks4stacks stack that allows you to embed PDF views on a page if you prefer not to have a separate window open.

I confirm we dropped RapidViewer support several years ago (2015?).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.