Paragraphs in RapidWeaver

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding formatting paragraphs in RW. One of my SEO apps indicates that lots of my pages have no paragraphs at all when in fact I am formatting paragraphs. Does anyone have an idea where technically speaking RW formats paragraphs?

An example of a page “without paragraphs”
https://pianolessons-london.co.uk/elements/composers/czerny/

Responses would be appreciated.

Best, Natasha

If you are using styled-text, you need to encapsulate the text into paragraphs manually.

This is true for any Styled-Text (Styled-text page, blog page, side bars, etc).

It’s available from the format menu or the bottom tool bar.
2021-10-05_06-20-42

Hence, Markdown is so much better, it does most formatting like paragraphs automatically or much easier than styled-text. It’s easy to learn.

5 Likes

Thank you!

Natasha, your text on that page is enclosed in article tags () but not within paragraphs (

). I’ve never seen that before. How did you create the page?

I’m on an iPad now, so I can’t check, but I would bet the article tags are part of the theme.

Absolutely agree with @teefers and would switch to markdown for most text content. Scribe is a brilliant and free (donation) stack for this purpose, combining Markdown with a number of useful extras such as quotes, read more, columns and more. Scribe Stack for RapidWeaver

Only time I use styled text is if I have a lot of links (the RW link box is easier) or maybe want to change the colour of just one word etc.