Poor Image Quality?

I got some high quality photos of a recent performance I wanted to use on my Main page of my website. However, after posting it, the photo looks mediocre. Any suggestions on how I can make the picture look higher quality? Thanks in advance.

Hi Riley,

if you have Photoshop you can add 3-5% noise (Filter/Noise/Add noise) to the image.
As an alternative you can add some Film Grain (Filter/Filter Gallery/Film Grain).

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 09.47.35

If you use these tricks in a moderate way you will add some atmosphere to your image.

If you don’t have Photoshop you can send me the image and I’ll do it for you.

Hans

Thank you Hans. I don’t have Photoshop and have sent two images. I’m not sure which one is best for the Main site. Your thoughts? Thanks.

Riley

I don’t need the lower half of either picture. Thanks.

Hi Riley,

this is what I can make of it:

Neither of those original images are high quality. They are both significantly compressed jpeg images. Yes, the pixel size is fine, but the file size is small 606 and 320Kb.

Better to start with the high quality image, crop as required and then compress to make them fast loading on the website.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.