Post Office Stack - MailChimp Integration Questions?

Hello Joe Workman… Have gone through the tutorials and documentation regarding your Post Office stack. I see it works with MailChimp and it appears it has the ability to use its own MySQL Database. A little foggy what this stack is for.

1. Is it simply a slick WYSIWYG mail service form styler or is their more advanced functionality bundled into it?

2. If I understand the documentation it appears to capture the info from the submission and store a copy in my own database. Is this correct?

3. If question 2 is correct does it use the MailChimp API system to keep my database synced with the MailChimp contact list as user makes changes to their setting.

Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave,

1. Yes, it is a form styler, that allows your form to look the way you want it to instead of using the code provided by companies like Mailchimp. It is also more, it comes with another stack, called PO Box, that allows you to have content show when they click submit.
  2. You can have it store information into your own database, yes, but it does NOT have to be used with a database.
  3. No, you either choose to use your own database or you choose to use MailChimp.

Post Office works very well if you’re saving to your own database. I haven’t used the MailChimp integration because I don’t like MailChimp much.

1 Like

Thank you Robert… Your clarifacation is most appreciated. Seems like Post Office has some nice features and would integrate nicely with the overall Foundation Theme.

Peter, thanks for your input as well. If you have a moment, I would value your thoughts on professional email service solutions. About to move to MailChimp but open to other solutions.

Kind Regards,
Dave

@TeamSDA I don’t use an email service any longer. I use the RoboPostman program from Koingo – http://www.koingosw.com/products/robopostman/

1 Like

@peterdanckwerts

That looks like a nice alternative, how well does it integrate with a mysql db from the web (I searched the manual and FAQ and couldn’t find anything).

Thanks
Brad

It doesn’t directly. I just export to CSV using Sequel Pro or PHPMyAdmin and import into RoboPostman. I previously use MaxProg which can interact directly with MySQL but it became increasingly erratic. Post Office can export directly but I don’t usually use that facility.

@peterdanckwerts

Thanks Peter!

Am looking for a solution that is foolproof for our chapter email sender that can directly integrate with MySql and produce HTML/ascii email by selecting a button, editing content and pressing another button for sending newsletter.

Preferably done online through the website, using PHP and MySql

Requirements:

1. newsletter author login, admin login
  2. create html/ascii email
  3. select group to send to (multiple groups, members, executive, etc)
  4. group emails are inserted into BCC field (Privacy concerns among the chapter members)
  5. Click send button
  6. Manage bounce backs and failures to auto delete email addresses from db and send note to admin

Pretty steep requirements… any thoughts?

Thanks
Brad

Hello Brad… You may want to consider SiteLok. It is very powerful website registration software that has forms and email functionality built into it. While it does not have a dedicated newsletter form system, you can bake up a solution using the systems subscription form and Email Unsubscribe Plugin.

This is not a stack or any such thing but it completely works with RapidWeaver and has documentation for how to get things set up with RW. The developer is top notch, have never had a bad experience and he has built a few custom solutions for us over the years. Hope this is of some help to you.

Kind Regards,
Dave

@TeamSDA

Thanks Dave for the information, I have bookmarked the link for future reference :slightly_smiling:

Brad