Problems following Stacks update

Pretty new to RW. All has been working great but… I update Stacks yesterday and following I’m getting this error message as I move into the Preview mode:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Class ‘DBTools’ not found in /private/var/folders…

I can’t find any info anywhere on the DBTools class. I had installed and looked at FormLoom and FormSnap but since I wasn’t using them I disabled them thinking this might solve the problem but no dice…Any help to point me int he right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think you should check your add-ons (Click the Plug icon in the toolbar) and see what you have installed.

• Try uninstalling everything first and see if the problem goes away. If so – you know it’s one of those things.
  • Then add them back one at a time – but the plugins you need right now. Hopefully that’s not too many.

I suspect the error will return when you add one in – which will identify the culprit. Once you’ve found the bad one, we can go from there – perhaps contact that specific developer.

I don’t think this is actually related to Stacks – “DBTools” is not a library name that I’m familiar with. But sometimes software update or additions can catalyze other problems – meaning that something was on the tipping point and adding something, anything, to the mix bumped that precarious problem over the edge.

Thanks Isaiah. DId all that and still no dice. Reinstalled everything and, again, no dice. So I looked a little bit deeper and, in fact, it was a screwball php error that was getting thrown in the preview mode. It was all on me. Live and learn I guess

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.