PSA: GoDaddy injects Javascript into your site + Offer

Hi friends,

As a public service announcement, it seems that GoDaddy is Javascript into it’s customer’s sites. What’s worse, it’s opt-out meaning that it’s on by default for all US hosted sites. This Javascript even has the potential of breaking your site.

If you’re a GoDaddy US customer, I highly recommend turning this off ASAP. When you’re tired of these tactics, please come check out Chillidog. With the coupon nodaddy, enjoy your first month free. We will also migrate your site, databases, and emails over for free! (coupon expires 2/1/2019, new customers only)

Your top dog,
Greg

9 Likes

I like that, ‘nodaddy’! Of course we’re 12 days past 2/1/2019 on this side of the pond, but realise that to you it means 1 February.

Yes, February. Sorry for the confusion :slight_smile:

I don’t know what a cPanel is but I guess I am glad I don’t have it.

You shouldn’t be. It’s a very useful set of web pages which allow you to change various settings on your website. My old hosting company had something similar but not as good. If they’d had CPanel, transferring my email accounts would have been easy. Without it, the transfer was a nightmare.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.