Publishing issues: multiple Pro Gallery 2 sliders on one page - won't publish single page correctly

(Lisa Sandler) #1

I’ve had publishing issues like this forever… in the previous version of PG as well… I can’t seem to publish a single page with changes. If I do, it looks like the second row in the first image. I am not seeing any errors. If I republish all it works ok. What could it be missing that I can’t publish a single page correctly? https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com/portfolios/design-portfolio/

(Lisa Sandler) #2

Let me add to this… same thing happens with @instacks Poster Stack. Title and read more should not be showing. I just added to my blog and same thing is happening. https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com/blog/?post=father-s-day#poster-top

anyone? I can’t republish all every time I make a little change.

25 PM

(Doug Bennett) #3

Don’t see what you see with the link above. I do see rather different results for Safari and Chrome.

Safari (and Firefox) look like this:

Chrome (latest version looks like this:

Looks like chrome is not going into columns.
As for your publishing issue, not sure.

(Lisa Sandler) #4

Doug-
I’m seeing the one column mess up in all 3 browsers. I still wonder if all this is related to Cloudflare :frowning: or caching. No matter what I do, the only thing that seems to fix things is to republish all.

Also, the blog page is not showing correctly. https://www.lisasandlerphotography.com/blog/?page=3#poster-top
The father’s day shouldn’t have the date or 2 titles or read more as screenshot in my second post. Do you see that?

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #5

I also don’t see what you have here on the screenshots…

(Doug Bennett) #6

CloudFlare was not your earlier problem; I think it was more with DNS not propagating (WWW vs. Non-WWW).
Are you refreshing CloudFlare’s Cache or turning CloudFlare into development mode while you’re making changes?
It looked to me like the CSS files (stack-page-12) didn’t match the HTML.
I didn’t still have your page up, and when I reloaded it looks like this:

(Lisa Sandler) #7

I am in development mode, and I have tried clearing the cache in CF, but haven’t cleared often because I thought that develop mode would not give me those issues.

Gremlins, I tell you!

(Doug Bennett) #8

In the regular CloudFlare (not-cPanel) it last 3 hours. Then turns back on. Would think the cPanel would be same.
It works like a champ, use it all the time.

(Lisa Sandler) #9

I’m doing it directly on the Cloudflare website, not cPanel. I think it’s set at 4 hours. I guess I just need to finish up and leave things alone. I’m just cleaning up now and adding a few photos here and there, but no more layout or stack changes.
thanks for all the extra eyes to let me know I’m not crazy :slight_smile:

(Doug Bennett) #10

Development mode is only 3 hours (not settable); more info on it:

You can also get hit by caching in your browser, or proxy servers. IMO it’s always best to do changes and test entirely locally (MAMP) then publish to servers.

(Lisa Sandler) #11

ah I see. Did not realize that about Development mode.
thank you.