Rapid Weaver 6 - weird stuff going on

(Nigel Thomas) #1

My RW6 (MacBook Air 2015, OSX 10.13.1) is increasingly going mad. A few months ago it repeatedly started doing multiple exports (sometime six) when going from edit to preview mode and now for no reason I can see is regularly forgetting the recent projects. Anybody seen this before or know a fix please? Have tried going back to early previously trouble free RW6 files and same thing happens to them.

(NeilUK) #2

I’m not sure what the issue with RW6 is, but why don’t you upgrade to RW7? It’s 50% off for a short time. The discount is only applied after adding it to the cart. Upgrade for $24.50

(Rob D) #3

Hi, Nigel,

Do you, by any chance, use wireless keyboard and/or wireless touchpad? Sometimes, when they run out of juice (battery power), they cause some very weird and seemingly unexplainable problems. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I know this is a long shot, but it’s possible. The other day I watched my text disappear letter-by-letter when, by an accident, I barely touched my wireless touchpad during typing. I checked the power level and it was down to 13%. It could be coincidence, of course…

(Nigel Thomas) #4

Many thanks NeilUk & Rovertek. Have taken NeilUk’s advice and the problems here vanished using current website file! Just to complete loop to confirm no wireless keyboard /touchpad is used here. Thanks again, Nigel

(Doug Bennett) #5

I think that might be the issue, you’re running a fairly older version of RW(6) with the latest version of MacOS. If I understand the problem you’re having, it was with the preview function in RapidWeaver. There was issues with RW7 during the betas for OSX 10.13, that we’re resolved by a RW update if I remember.

I would recommend you take @NeilUK’s advice and upgrade to 7.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.