Rapidcart pro help?

(Simon Palmer) #1

Hi Folks,

You’ve been wonderful at helping me on other things so I’d like to thank you first and then ask another favour?

I’m building a site for “she who must be obeyed” at home. Got most of it how she’d like it, and now have to get Rapidcart pro running with PayPal integration.

I have the app I’d from PayPal, and even got my database working on the hosting site. But the cart is not behaving. Anyone out there willing to help a photographer redeem himself in his wife’s eye?

The beta site is:
Www.thehorsephysio.co.uk/beta

Simply click on the shop and you will see that when you trying to buy something it doesn’t work!

Help, guidance, a shoulder to cry on gratefully received!

(Roberto Tremonti) #2

Hi @SimonPalmer,
In RapidWeaver Project Settings you have set https://www.thehorsephysio.co.uk (on HTTPS) as Web Address but you don’t have a valid SSL certificate.
Please set it to http://www.thehorsephysio.co.uk and republish your website.
It will fix the problem.

(Simon Palmer) #3

Thats great. It all works aside from when you get to the PAYPAL option. Clicking on the selection for PAYPAL doesn’t do anything. Try to do a purchase and you’ll see what I mean.

Everything else works fine, Thanks Rob,

(Terry Vosbein ) #4

I had the same problem. Make sure that you have the correct URL in both the General settings and the Publishing settings. They must be the same. I had a problem when one had www, and the other did not. Once I fixed that everything worked. You might want to do a complete republish once you have changed the settings, if indeed they are incorrect.

Terry Vosbein

(Simon Palmer) #5

Hi Terry,

Does this refer to the complete failure of Rapidcart (which is resolved through Rob’s comments - Thanks Rob), or are you talking about the inactive paypal button?

I suspect the issue lies within the setup of my paypal api. Something I have never done before as the old RapidCart used just the ID. The new version has a better level of integration which I can understand, but might have failed to get right.

(Terry Vosbein ) #6

I don’t know anything about the complete failure of Rapidcart. It works perfectly for me. I was just mentioning something that eluded me, and caused RapidCart to not work until I changed the settings with the help of their support staff.

Terry Vosbein

(Simon Palmer) #7

Hi Terry,

It all seems to work fine now, just having a problem with the paypal set-up, which I have asked the developers about at Rapidcart. I found something on the error message on Paypal’s website, but I’m unclear where the problem is.
Thanks again for your help.