So this is the second public beta for RapidWeaver 8.1 — In this version, we’re continuing to focus on stability and making sure we’re compatible with Mojave. But in short 8.1 is going to be awesome, lots of fixes and new features. Read on to fund out more…
We’ve added support for Amazon S3 publishing, so if you have an account we’d love for you to test this and report back. Please remember S3 doesn’t support PHP, but if you’re just producing a static HTML site, it should work just great.
Please be aware, some of the UI will appear a little screwy in beta2 due to the work we’re doing to support Dark Mode, we’ll get it all fixed up for the next beta.
- Started work on Dark Mode for Mojave!
- Added Amazon S3 as a Publishing Destination
- Added support back in for copying a resources URL.
- Fixed an issue with adding edited photos from the resources browser
- Fixed an issue with resources not getting exported when previewing
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would appear to deadlock while opening projects
- Resources can now be dragged from a child folder to the root resources folder
- Source list layout is now restored between opens
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-publish all files on every publish
- Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would get stuck looping between pages
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect path would be used for social tags in the page header
- Fixed an issue with multiple buy buttons showing
- Fixed an issue where banner images wouldn’t show due to an issue with CSS consolidation
- Fixed a naming issue with FontAwesome
- Show Properties button in Blog now works correctly
- Fixed an issue with page styles being incorrectly applied to Master Styles
- Fixed up an issue with the Addons Installer
- Fixed up various crashes in the Photo Album Plugin
- Fixed a crash when using “Reveal in Finder” and the resource cannot be found
- Fixed up crash when using the link panel
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur in the Snippets Window
- Numerous other fixes and enhancements to boring (or too secret to mention yet)
- [DEV] Added a method to plugins to mark a page as changed without reloading the preview #2781
While we feel this build is stable enough to use on a daily basis, please be aware it is beta and is not final. Make sure you back up any mission-critical projects before using them with this version, and yes, you can run this alongside other versions of RapidWeaver should you wish.
If you do find an issue please report it here on this thread.