RapidWeaver 8.1 Public Beta 4

Hello Weavers,

This is the forth public beta for RapidWeaver 8.1, as well as fixing up various bugs, we’ve also added support for multiple selection in the Resources Manager!!!

Please Note: This is a beta and as such is not final and may contain bugs .

What’s New in 8.1?

• Dark Mode for Mojave now supported
  • Added Amazon S3 as a Publishing Destination
  • Added support back in for copying a resources URL
  • Multiple selection is now supported in the Resources Browser
  • Resources can now be dragged from a child folder to the root resources folder
  • Source list layout is now restored between opens
  • Files in the Resources Browser can now be renamed
  • Fixed an issue where the sitemap plugin and sitemap.xml was displayed and exported incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue with adding edited photos from the resources browser
  • Fixed an issue with resources not getting exported when previewing
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would appear to deadlock while opening projects
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-publish all files on every publish
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would get stuck looping between pages
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect path would be used for social tags in the page header
  • Fixed an issue with multiple buy buttons showing
  • Removed the javascript that was removing line breaks from the Offroad theme
  • Fixed an issue where banner images wouldn’t show due to an issue with CSS consolidation
  • Fixed a naming issue with FontAwesome
  • Show Properties button in Blog now works correctly
  • Fixed an issue with page styles being incorrectly applied to Master Styles
  • Fixed up an issue with the Addons Installer
  • Fixed up various crashes in the Photo Album Plugin
  • Fixed a crash when using “Reveal in Finder” and the resource cannot be found
  • Fixed up crash when using the link panel
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur in the Snippets Window
  • Numerous other fixes and enhancements to boring (or too secret to mention yet)
  • [DEV] Added a method to plugins to mark a page as changed without reloading the preview #2781

While we feel this build is stable enough to use on a daily basis, please be aware it is beta and is not final .

Make sure you back up any mission-critical projects before using them with this version, and yes, you can run this alongside other versions of RapidWeaver should you wish.

What’s new in 8.1 beta 4?

• Fixed an issue with php rendering that was effecting some users/developers
  • More work on the Resources browser, we now support renaming and multiple selection!!!
  • Added back in the missing buttons in Styled Text View
  • Line number background is no longer black
  • Fixed an issue where the sitemap plugin and sitemap.xml was displayed and exported incorrectly
  • Various other fixes and improvements

I understand that this is a beta and will probably contain bugs, but I would still like to download RapidWeaver 8.1 beta 4

If you do find an issue please report it here on this thread.

Happy Weaving!

Thanks
Dan

2 Likes

The theme selection window does not show thumbnails.

1 Like

Just wondering, when you update via RapidWeaver with betas enabled all we get is a build number, no beta number. Could you list the build numbers here as well so we know if we have the right one or not??

It’s Version 8.1 (20293b) :+1:

1 Like

Thanks!

Hmm, they seems to have thumbnails for me…

Version 8.1 (20293b)

With other themes also does not show.

P.S. Mac OS 10.11.6.

[Already reported by email but not had a response yet]

New theme controls introduced in RW8 (e.g. sliders and number boxes) are unresponsive for me on 10.13.5. This bug can be replicated in the new themes shipped with RW8 and third party ones. RW preview refreshes but changes to theme settings never take effect and are stuck on the defaults. The issue occurs in both the Master Style and in the Page Inspector.

Example -> Engineer theme --> Increase font size to 26px - it remains stuck at 18px. :thinking:

I reverted back to RW 8.0.3 and all is working fine again.

3 Likes

Dark Mode in Preview Page with…

Thanks, will get this fixed also!

1 Like

I have moved some projects from .rw7 to .rw8. (all these projects are Foundation projects)

All these projects have the same issue: Images I linked from the image stack (Foundation) to the resources folder have lost their paths. It is not possible to relink these images. The path will be shown in the link tool, I can choose the path but nothing happens. Only images of the homepage will be linked correctly, on all other pages they have lost their path.

All projects I moved from RapidWeaver 7 to 8 are affected. And it’s an issue with the 8.1 Beta (Build 20293b). RW 8.0.3 doesn’t has the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.