RapidWeaver 8.1 Final Candidate 2 (Build 20502b)

Hey Weavers,

Turns out the last build wasn’t ready for prime time and we still had a bunch of issues to fix. This new build is RapidWeaver 8.1 Final Candidate 2. This new version should be good enough for everyone to use, however please be aware we are still fixing up a few things and this is not the final release of RapidWeaver 8.1 - if you don’t like living on the bleeding edge, maybe wait a week or so for the official release.

If you find any issues please report them here in this thread or email dan@realmacsoftware.com

What’s New in RW 8.1 FC2

• FontAwesome icons now render and are editable in page names again
  • Command-W no longer crashes the Resources Browser
  • Added a setting (under Advanced) to switch between internal and external file references (see screenshot below)
  • Fixed an issue with the FTP Browser in Dark Mode
  • Fixed an issue where searching for Images in Unsplash would sometime cause a crash
  • Fixed an issue with the Code view and Preview not working correctly
  • Fixed an issue with overzealous save prompts when changing the publishing path
  • Added some additional checks for missing file resources
  • Various other fixes

What’s New in RapidWeaver 8.1?

• Sandboxed!
  • Dark Mode for Mojave now supported
  • Added Amazon S3 as a Publishing Destination
  • Touch Bar support added
  • Added support for resizing the preview in the main window
  • Added support back in for copying a resources URL
  • Added a new drop down menu to the Simulator toolbar button
  • Added iPhone XS Max to the simulator window
  • Added an option to disable OpenGraph metatags on a per page basis
  • Add a new preference to disable UI sounds
  • Multiple selection is now supported in the Resources Browser
  • Resources can now be dragged from a child folder to the root resources folder
  • Source list layout is now restored between opens
  • Improved the handling of files in the Resources Manager
  • Files in the Resources Browser can now be renamed
  • Fixed an issue where the sitemap plugin and sitemap.xml was displayed and exported incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue with adding edited photos from the resources browser
  • Fixed an issue with resources not getting exported when previewing
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would appear to deadlock while opening projects
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-publish all files on every publish
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would get stuck looping between pages
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect path would be used for social tags in the page header
  • Fixed an issue with multiple buy buttons showing
  • Removed the javascript that was removing line breaks from the Offroad theme
  • Fixed an issue where banner images wouldn’t show due to an issue with CSS consolidation
  • Fixed a naming issue with FontAwesome
  • Show Properties button in Blog now works correctly
  • Fixed various podcasting and channel issues within the Blog page
  • Fixed an issue with page styles being incorrectly applied to Master Styles
  • Fixed up an issue with the Addons Installer
  • Fixed up various crashes in the Photo Album Plugin
  • Fixed a crash when using “Reveal in Finder” and the resource cannot be found
  • Fixed up crash when using the link panel
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur in the Snippets Window
  • Numerous other fixes and enhancements!

I understand that this is a non-final version and will probably contain bugs, but I would still like to download RapidWeaver 8.1 Final Candidate 2 (Build 20502b )

Happy Weaving,
Dan

5 Likes

Sounds delicious!

4 Likes

They sure are, I could eat them up all day long!

2 Likes

Uh oh @dan, are you losing your vegan ways again? Or is FA certified vegan now? #jk #withlove :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This build seems to break the @isaiah PlusKit (4.1.2) import functionality, even on simple test pages.

On a possibly related note, it randomly removes images from blog posts (leaves just an empty box with the correct metadata) when opening from 8.0.3 to this version.

Can you send the problem projects to dan@realmacsoftware.com and we’ll take a look :+1:

1 Like

This is really turning into a great release Dan! Thanks for taking the time to iron out all of the wrinkles.

1 Like

Same problem. Almost all of my images disappeared. Very annoying.

I rolled PlusKit back to 4.0.2 and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Hey chet, do you have any more specifics. I’m not seeing any obvious PlusKit problems – but since there are about a billion ways to use PlusKit it’s hard to test them all. It’s likely that there’s something particular to your PlusKit setup that is triggering this bug, if I can find out what that is, I can probably fix it straight away.

Isaiah

Please don’t kill me, please don’t kill me, please don’t kill me.

I KNOW that I’m not supposed to, but I have PlusKit importing a stacks page into the Blog Plugin to build out a footer and fonts.

I think that the break is happening during the publish function. If I open a project and just mess around with it and save without publishing and then quit, when I reopen the project, all is well. If I publish, save, and quit, images disappear in the blog post and per-post image social tag. This has been present using PlusKit 4.1.2 in RW 8+. I’m now running 8.1FC2 and PK 4.0.2 and the behavior doesn’t occur, and my images look & publish great!

I submitted a full bug report to Dan this afternoon and CC’d you. It’s ticket 6328/6329 in your help desk. I’ll hop into 6328 here real quick and send you a link to a project file for you to play around with. I spent a lot of time this afternoon playing with 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.0.3, and 8.1FC2, along with removing PK 4.1.2 entirely and then reverting to 4.0.2. I’m not an expert, but I’m confident it’s something that happens while publishing.

In terms of PK 4.1.2 not importing any pages in 8.1FC2, I created a totally blank project and tried to import a stacks page into a stacks page (2 page + PK in the project), and on the page being targeting, the @import statement was displayed verbatim. Not sure if the missing images and not importing issues are related. I didn’t test that one further because PK 4.0.2 works.

1 Like

@chet thanks for the details in support ticket. i’ll take it from there. :smiley:

On behalf of Weavers globally, thank you for taking over for Loghound!

2 Likes

Thank you for update, now Resources corrected, it seems, does not show an error.

Hi Dan,

1a. Would it be possible to have more than just 10 projects in the Open Recent file menu (RW8).
1b. And to clear / delete individual projects from this project menu list (Open Recent) instead of the clear them all option? This would be very useful.

1. Apart from this, the option to copy certain things / stacks settings from one project to another project like a Copy and Paste function between projects.

Cheers

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Simon, the 1st part of the 1st question is resolved, :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Recent projects (files) list isn’t controlled by RW its a MacOS feature, the same goes for actions like Open, Save, Print, Copy/Paste etc

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.