RapidWeaver 8.1 Public Beta 3 – Dark Mode Complete!

Hello Weavers,

This is the third public beta for RapidWeaver 8.1 - this version mainly focuses on finishing up Dark Mode for Mojave, but we also managed to slip in support for renaming files in the resources browser along with some other internal fixes.

Full release notes for 8.1 are below.

What’s New?

• Dark Mode for Mojave now supported
  • Added Amazon S3 as a Publishing Destination
  • Added support back in for copying a resources URL
  • Files in the Resources Browser can now be renamed
  • Fixed an issue with adding edited photos from the resources browser
  • Fixed an issue with resources not getting exported when previewing
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would appear to deadlock while opening projects
  • Resources can now be dragged from a child folder to the root resources folder
  • Source list layout is now restored between opens
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-publish all files on every publish
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would get stuck looping between pages
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect path would be used for social tags in the page header
  • Fixed an issue with multiple buy buttons showing
  • Removed the javascript that was removing line breaks from the Offroad theme
  • Fixed an issue where banner images wouldn’t show due to an issue with CSS consolidation
  • Fixed a naming issue with FontAwesome
  • Show Properties button in Blog now works correctly
  • Fixed an issue with page styles being incorrectly applied to Master Styles
  • Fixed up an issue with the Addons Installer
  • Fixed up various crashes in the Photo Album Plugin
  • Fixed a crash when using “Reveal in Finder” and the resource cannot be found
  • Fixed up crash when using the link panel
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur in the Snippets Window
  • Numerous other fixes and enhancements to boring (or too secret to mention yet)
  • [DEV] Added a method to plugins to mark a page as changed without reloading the preview #2781

While we feel this build is stable enough to use on a daily basis, please be aware it is beta and is not final. Make sure you back up any mission-critical projects before using them with this version, and yes, you can run this alongside other versions of RapidWeaver should you wish.

I understand that this is a beta and will probably contain bugs, but I would still like to download RapidWeaver 8.1 beta 3

If you do find an issue please report it here on this thread.

Happy Weaving!

Thanks
Dan

4 Likes

Is it me or is PlusKit’s @import((pagename)) broken in this version? I reverted to 8.0.3 and it works again for me.

In the right sidebar in all tabs (CSS, Java and other) a black bar on the left.
sidebar

And the completion (substitution) of the code does not work.

Is it Total_CMS ready? I think I heard Joe said there were issues with the previous beta.

1 Like

Hi @dan, how close are we would you say from an official 8.1 release?
BTW, blog page preview looks to work now, no more issue with flashing and lack of css, nice!

We were hoping to launch alongside Mojave, but that might be a little tight now. Expect it in a week or two if all goes to plan.

RapidWeaver 8.1 Beta 4 is now available here…