Here’s the latest beta of RapidWeaver 8.2, we think it’s pretty stable at this point and is almost ready for release. We’ll be shipping beta 5 (hopefully the final beta) later this week that should fix up any remaining minor issues.
Please remember this is BETA software and as such may contain bugs! If you rely on RapidWeaver for mission-critical work do not use the beta builds, stick to the official releases .
What’s New in RapidWeaver 8.2 Public Beta 4 (20718b)?
- RapidWeaver is now Notarized via Apple
- Further work on improving the way missing resources are searched for (and hopefully found).
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to “Copy Support Logs”
- Removed the SFTP public key field from publishing settings (as it’s not required)
- Fixed the preview issue where RapidWeaver wouldn’t update the preview correctly
- Fixed a bug where RapidWeaver would appear to hang during publishing (possibly caused by OpenSSL and certificate/server issues)
- Fixed up a tonne of issues with the Photo Album page type
- Contact form now updates correctly when changing page properties
- Control + Left Click a resource in the resource browser now works correctly
- Improved performance when accessing files, especially from remote drives
- Fixed a crash in the crash reporter, and it does make you wonder if perhaps we need a crash reporter for the crash reporter.
- Fixed an issue where preview would get stuck in an endless loop (or dare I say infinite loop).
- Fixed an issue when saving with an image attachment in styled text areas would deadlock the app
If you find any issues please report back on this thread with details on how to re-create the bug and we’ll get it fixed for the next beta.