RapidWeaver 8.3 Public Beta 2 (Build 20780b)

Hey Weavers,

Here’s the latest build of RapidWeaver 8.3, it’s shaping up rather nicely and should soon ship as an official release.

Please remember this is BETA software and as such may contain bugs! If you rely on RapidWeaver for mission-critical work do not use the beta builds, stick to the official releases.

What New in 8.3?

• Added new update engine
  • Added support for Emporter
  • Updated Multi Lander Theme
  • Added support for detecting and managing duplicate images
  • Various other under the hood tweaks and fixes.

I’m happy with the risks of using beta software and would like to Download RapidWeaver 8.3 Public Beta 2 (Build 20780b).

If you find any issues please report back on this thread with details on how to re-create the bug and we’ll get it fixed for the next release.

Happy Weaving!

3 Likes

saw a report from a user this morning that had missing info for the resources in his projects. the resources displayed with missing titles in the resources window. the problem was noticed immediately after updating.

i’m afraid i don’t have any more specific info than that. :frowning:

i did recommend the user contact you and include his file – but thought i’d mention it here in case you don’t hear about it – just as something to be on the lookout for.

@isaiah Thanks, we’ll keep an eye out for other reports of this!

My version is 8.2.1 (20758). If I try to open any of my projects I get the following message: ‘/Users/john/Documents/Rapidwaever/TD2019_v2_ohne Tagung Kopie 2.rw8/Contents.plist’ file does not exist

I don’t know if this has something to do with the problem @Isaiah has mentioned.

Best wishes

Hi Dan

I confirm Resources issues here

My project has missing Resource info

But worse - If I try to link to a resource via the pull-down, the app crashes immediately every time when hovered over ‘resources’.

Can’t see a workaround - please don’t use Betas for live projects people !

Jbob

The moment you add names agin to the resources folder the app stopped crashing for me. If any folder in the resources is not named, the app will crash…

Good work Jan - this board is the best.

Hmm - you’re right it stops the crashes, but will only address un-nested files

Once nested, linking to a file fails : (

For clarity - my resource links now only open the folder, (not the intended file). Thus instead of opening a PDF for example, I get a long list of resources

eg :

click the ‘READ MORE’ link

How are you getting the link to the read more?

I just tested and although there’s might be a bug in the folder name area, the link in the readmore doesn’t have an extension (.PDF) but is just the directory name.

I just ran a quick test and the extension seems to work fine when I right click a PDF and copy the URL or Copy The Macro.

2019-07-12_13-39-53

sss

I’m setting the link in the normal way - and as you’ve shown, the linked file is available in the resources/DM-News folder. As you’ve also shown, the resultant link includes the folder name but omits the file name

Thanks for looking teefers - it is of course entirely possible I’m doing something stupid : )

Hard to say but it looks like the “link” is pointing to a .jpg and not a .pdf?

2019-07-12_14-07-23

I just did a quick test with a simple button stack and if I point to a PDF the link looks like this:

2019-07-12_14-09-15

And the code it generates appears and works OK:

1 Like

Darn - yes it should have been a PDF, not a JPG - but the issue remains

Somehow the resource sub-folders are being addressed, but not the resource files within those folders

Very odd

1 Like

@dan @tpbradley - this looks like the resources issue that was reported to me.

Thanks - likewise I am stuck

Thanks for your efforts all

Hi,
Is the updated engine supporting MacPro 2013 better?
Now the latest version is painfully slow! :woozy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.