Rapidweaver 8 feature request

I would like the ability to export a pdf of each page of the site.

1 Like

i think it’s probably a little bit of both RW and Stacks. stacks, of course, at the page level for handling of links to those warehoused objects – and being able to treat those linked images as first-class citizens, just like other image stacks.

and also RW – they’ve already started in RW7 with expanded site-wide warehousing. but i don’t think there’s an API for this yet – but i’ll be honest – i’ve been too busy lately to look and see if something got added. maybe we should ask @simon? if not – then that’s my (latest) RW8 feature request. :smiley:

isaiah

4 Likes

Would love to see a dropdown menu that would list your favorite themes. I know you can set one theme to be always used, but would be so much easier to go into the icons on top of RW and be able to select a different theme without having to open the inspector or theme drawer.

2 Likes

Even more a full redesigned theme chooser…

2 Likes

Some features I currently miss are:

• A Template-System for preconfigured Stacks or group of Stacks for regular use similar to partials. Maybe just create one on the page and save it via drag-and-drop to the Templates.
  • Zoom in for the purpose of editing stacks on a page. Some stacks get really narrow on a site, specially when they are put in other stacks on a page with multiple columns. It would be great to have a small button at each stack to toggle the stack to full width of the screen to see and edit inside that stack.
  • A System to manually sort/categorise the stacks, maybe even switch between sorting, tags, group several stacks together.
  • Add a generated list of stacks called “Used stacks”, automatically containing all stacks used on this page or project.

I don’t know if anything of that was mentioned before. A better way of handling fonts would be great as well, but was already shown with some very nice solutions.

2 Likes

Both very good and necessary feature requests, we hope to see this in a forthcoming RW8 update.

2 Likes

Intuitive structure planning, ideally also for printing for the client like Adobe Muse

Muse-Plan-650x461

4 Likes

Isaiah: Thanks for your response. Hopefully these are things that can get worked out between RM and yourself in the near-ish future.

Cache busting links (css especially) generated when single page publishing used. Cache busting links are generated when entire site is exported or published but not updated/changed if single pages are published… At least, that is my experience. I’ve checked the css link code in the output. RWcache example:
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='all' href='index_files/stacks_page_page16.css?rwcache=531945740' />

2 Likes

I reported this as a bug both with support and here back in January:

These are all things out of the hands or Realmac, you would need to contact Yourhead and request these.

2 Likes

Great suggestion, it would be a very useful feature, yes indeed.

1 Like

@zeebe @mvv

These are all things out of the hands or Realmac, you would need to contact Yourhead and request these.

i’ve seen them. all good ideas. i’ll see what i can do. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the information.

That’s not a bug, or at least not something we can fix. It’s a side-effect of using Cloudflare.

1 Like

@dan
Sorry wrong post referral above.
No CloudFlare involved with this issue. It can be recreated publishing to a local drive.
The cache busting link doesn’t get updated every time unless republish all files.

1 Like

I concur… It can be verified by simply looking at the output page code. the cache timestamp doesn’t change unless entire site is exported or published. Single page publishing (with or without child pages) does not update the “cache busting” timestamp. I don’t use CloudFare and it’s absolutely an issue for me.

3 Likes

I know this is a logistical challenge, but I would really like cleaner code output. Right now if you look at the source code of a RW + Stacks built site there is a lot happening.

2 Likes

I know this is a logistical challenge, but I would really like cleaner code output. Right now if you look at the source code of a RW + Stacks built site there is a lot happening.

Currently Stacks pages are built up from many components from many different developers – all with their own styles and interpretation of the best tradeoffs between readability and concision.

I don’t think we’ll get all the stack developers to come to any sort of agreement on code style or the correct split in that tradeoff. So what I think is probably best is to introduce automated code cleanup.

In Stacks 3.5 I built in the Tidy library. A very mature open source library for doing exactly this.

Currently this is only developer feature. Tidy provides the errors and warnings in the dev console. But it doesn’t currently modify anything, it’s purely informational.

I don’t want to make any promises yet, but I think it’s safe to say Tidy will play a bigger role in not just reporting errors – but also cleaning up and compacting code. The details here have yet to be completed – so if you have any specific technical requests – add them to the Stacks public bug/feature tracker. That way I can’t ignore them when it comes to development time. It’s the best way to keep me honest. :wink:

Isaiah

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.